Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Westlake, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was easy but the background checks were stressful. Language of action if not told truth on application. My job offer rescinded although I was truthful throughout the process. Instead of asking me about the job in question, I was rescinded the Friday afternoon before I was going to start on Monday. I was told that my contact was ill as to why I hadn't heard. Background check took one week after initial offer accepted so I waited two weeks for my offer letter plus I went in to get my badge. Totally unethical and immoral to be turned down for speaking truth and honesty plus being told so late in the process.

Interview Questions

• What's your retirement account experience like?   1 Answer

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by six people back-to-back from the benefits team, each lasting 30 minutes. Everyone was very friendly, and some people talked more about my interests while some asked more about my experience or my knowledge about the company. They really do give you a good breakdown about what the team does. However, it took almost three months to get a response from them, despite my emailing the team for updates.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

It was 2 hours interview. Overall very good experience. 2 Technical, 1 behavioral and 1 overall organisation structure walk through. Each one of them asked me if i need water or break even for 2 hrs of interview which made me comfortable.

Interview Questions

• It was while back so dont remember but very basic technical questions were asked as i joined as fresher   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received email asking to set up a phone interview a few days later. Forty five minute phone interview with HR to see if you are a good fit for the job. If you pass this, they will let you know right then . I had to take an assessment before my in person interview. Assessment was easy, but timed. The assessment will grade you on your academic skills as well as a culture fit. My interview was scheduled a few days later.
    Interview at the campus went well. I did not have a group tour, but the two managers interviewing me did show me around before the actual interview.
    The in person interview was laid back and friendly. Do your homework before this interview. They want to know what you know about Fidelity and the exams. They will ask some customer service questions as well as behavioral questions.

Later that day, HR called me and asked if I had other offers and said she would call me back the next day. I had an offer the next day which i accepted. Be prepared to go through a lengthy credit and background check.

Financial Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter. Received a call the day I put in the application. Recruiter wasn't bubbly, I actually had to ask for her name. Scheduled a time during the next day for the call and just went through it. Ended call with I did not have enough customer service experience for an entry level position and gave feedback that my answers were too long.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time in your job history where you showed empathy to a client.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

A 30 min phone interview, followed by another Technical/Behavioral interview. The interview process was through a campus recruiting program at the University. Followed by a phone interview, and I also filled out the fidelity form online and went over Fidelity background and its history.

Interview Questions

• In any language, write code to generate fibonacci series   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was e-mailed shortly after submitting my resume. I was sent the information to complete the digital interview. Within two business days, I was contacted for a phone interview. After completion of the phone interview I was sent an assessment and simulator. Then I had an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly concerned about testing abilities and the ability to juggle multiple things at one time. They asked many questions about my study habits.   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Video interview where you answer questions given by someone from HR. The initial email reply from them said they'd get back to me in 5 business days (they didn't! -- took a few weeks). After completing the video interview, they ghosted me. No rejection. No contact. This has happened twice with Fidelity. Totally unprofessional. Atleast reject me. Never dealing with them again and transferred my accounts to another broker. (Atleast I got some enjoyment out of it).

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

This was a 2-part interview. First part was an online interview which consisted of video recording my answers to an already prerecorded set of questions. You are given one chance to answer each question but there are chances given prior to practice. After the online interview, I was given the opportunity to complete a phone interview. This interview was pretty much getting more details out of your past experiences in relation to the job position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you received constructive criticism from a manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why Fidelity?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email over the summer to apply for a summer internship with Fidelity. I did so and had 4 interviews. The first one was a video interview that was sent to the intern hiring manager for review. The second one was a phone interview with that hiring manager. The third one was a phone interview with the manager of the department that I will be working in. And the last one was a phone interview with an engineer in that same department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fidelity Investments?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect from an internship with Fidelity?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had trouble meeting a deadline.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had problems working in a team and tell me how you managed it.   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how good of a Java programmer are you?   Answer Question