Fidelity & Guaranty Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

3.2

Annuty New Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life (Des Moines, IA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very organized and extremely responsive to any questions I had about the job. I had initially been hired as a contractor through a staffing agency and was always treated as if I already belonged on the team. When this position came open, I was asked if I would be open to a permanent full-time position and applied for the job. Interview process actually occurred while working on the job and working hard to prove that I had the skills needed for the position and was willing to learn while being trained.

Interview Questions

• A question was asked about being detail-oriented and willing to work in a very manual position with very antiquated technology.   Answer Question

Systems and Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Interview process is very thorough. You get to meet a lot of your possible co-workers and management. It is a long process but you really get to know who you are interviewing with and what the company would be like to work for.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest failure you had and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life in October 2016.

Interview

Well structured 4 hour long interview including a video conference with leadership in Des Moines. There were a lot of questions about my experience, personality, and past project successes and failures. Not a cake walk for sure, but a great opportunity to meet a number of members of the team and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Name all of the servers in an VMware Horizon environment.   Answer Question

Life Case Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life (Des Moines, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview , followed by in person interview . Phone screen was on depth and learned about the position and got myself prepared for the in person interview . In person interview was with 2 persons , went through a series of questions and about the company/ role .

Interview Questions

• General / STAR interview questions   1 Answer

IT Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life (Des Moines, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with several people throughout the organization. I was impressed with the detailed questions and the fact that they realized the importance of the right hire. They stayed on schedule and I was asked both technical and non-technical questions.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life.

Interview

I got a phone interview with Fidelity and Guaranty Life. Most questions were behavior questions. And the HR person also asked about my technical experience etc. The process was very efficient even though they decided to move forward with other candidates.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Phone interview, then invited for on-site interview with 3 of their executives plus a excel modeling presentation. One of the interviewers was unreasonably harsh with some technical questions that were very irreverent to the job, which made the process a little uncomfortable. Overall I'm not sure if I want to continue in the process as I felt the overall moral of the company is low and not very promising. Excessive work hours questions were avoided which raised a red flag for me as well as O/T requirements.

Senior Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life (Baltimore, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

There are four rounds of interviews. The first round is over the phone. The second round is in-person. The third round is a 30-minute phone presentation of a potential fixed-income investment with HR person, Chief Investment Officer, and Portfolio Manager. Candidate has one week to prepare with a write-up, powerpoint presentation, and any other materials. The fourth round is a 60-minute presentation in front of the entire investment team. The entire process takes 2 month or more. Initially, company is very aggressive about pursuing candidates. However, most people never move past third round. The worst part is that the company completely ignores candidate following third round. Don't expect feedback, email, or telephone call after third round presentation. The candidate is left wondering about his or her status for the position for many months.

Interview Questions

• For the third round presentation, you need to decide whether or not to purchase a bond from a potential investment's fixed income securities. In addition, you need to explain why you made the decision. You will need to complete a write up, powerpoint presentation and other material.   Answer Question

Systems and Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life (Baltimore, MD) in February 2010.

Interview

Very thorough comprehensive questioning regarding the position. Handled in a very detailed meticulous matter. Excellent panel of interviewers. I really felt that they were on top of their game.When you are asked questions related to your current or previous positions, it's important to be specific and to be positive about what you did in your previous position

Negotiation