Fidessa C Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Online screening on Hackerrank, had 1 hour to solve 2 C++ coding questions. Solved the questions but was told they were looking at other candidates. All the test cases were passed, no explanation for why they declined me at the screening.

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn, after a couple of days received mail with hacker rank challenge. Solved HakcerRank coding challenge with given time and in an efficient way. After a couple of days latter I recieve an email that I got rejected.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank Challenges, 1) No of Gates 2) String Matching Algorithm   Answer Question

Software Developer (C++) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the above position and was given a hackerRank assessment to be solved in a week. I completed the assessment within one week and passed all test cases . I was confident of reaching the second round but got a reject instead.

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I got the response the very next day asking to appear for the technical test posted on HackerRank. The questions were simple and I did well. Although, they sent me a rejection in next two days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I finished the application online and received OA a few days later. There are two questions required me to finish em in 1 hour. Both are easy question so it took me 40mins. I received the next round interview after 1 work day I finished the first round.

Interview Questions

• At an airport, you have a timetable for arrivals and departures. You need to determine the minimum number of gates you’d need to provide so that all the planes can be placed at a gate as per their schedule.
      The arrival and departure times for each plane are presented in two arrays, sorted by arrival time, and you’re told the total number of flights for the day. Assume that no planes remain overnight at the airport; all fly in and back out on the same day. Assume that if a plane departs in the same minute as another plane arrives, the arriving plane takes priority (i.e. you'll still need the gate for the departing plane); Write a function that returns the minimum number of gates needed for the schedules you're given.
      Example:
      arr = {900, 940, 950, 1100, 1500, 1800}
      dep = {910, 1200, 1120, 1130, 1900, 2000}
      flights = 6
      In this example the return value should be 3 since the schedules for at most 3 planes overlap.
      Arrive 9:00 ; 1 gate
      Arrive 18:00 ; 2 gates
      Depart 19:00 ; 1 gate
      Depart 20:00 ; 0 gates   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and was given a Hacker Rank interview coding test. I completed the test successfully, and was given a Spark Hire interview round after a couple of days, which is basically a one-way video interview.
    Following this, I was sent an email for a Code Pair asking for my availability. After setting that up, I got an email saying that the position had been filled.
    Zero human interaction, something told me right from the start that this was fishy. A little human interaction could do wonders.

Interview Questions

• Hacker Rank coding round question were:
      1. Minimum number of gates needed at an airport, given the arrival and departure times of the flights
      2. Given a string consisting of uppercase and lowercase letters, remove the matching pairs (Aa, Bb, etc) until there are no matching pairs within the string.

Spark Hire questions were:
      1. Why are you looking for an opportunity at Fidessa?
      2. What is your preferred language of programming and why?   Answer Question

Software Developer (C++) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa in March 2017.

Interview

No interaction with HR, everything was automated. First round was a coding interview and second round was a one way video interview (basic HR questions) after that got a reject that too on a weekend.

Interview Questions

• Coding:
      1. Number of gates required given the arrival and departure time.
      2. Find matching pair(kind off matching parentheses question.)

One way video:
      1. Why Fidessa?
      2. What do you bring to Fidessa and its development team?
      3. What is your favorite programming language and why?   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

Hackerrank followed by a video interview followed by a coding test with an engineer and a Skype interview. I did not get past the coding round despite solving all the questions. They don't seem to really hire anyone despite interviewing a lot of people. They also do not give any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Variation of parentheses matching and another plane arrival departure problem. Video interview is important to say you love C++ whether you like it or not. The phone interview had simple problems solvable by hashset and hashmap.   Answer Question

Software Developer C++ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Following 4 steps in process.

Hackerrank
    One way video
    code pair interview
    skype interview

The whole process was very positive for me.
    At the end, after 2-3 days of skype interview, they sent me a Reject. It was shocking!!!

Interview Questions

• very easy questions -- do not even need any preparation for all 4 steps.   Answer Question

Software Developer-C++ Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa in December 2016.

Interview

The process was fast. You ar supposed to code in C++ only. Being a Java Developer I made a lot of mistakes in syntax but was able to write a code with good time complexity. I got rejected and it was completely fair!