Fidessa Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.6

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

9.14 University Recruiting Apply Fidessa
9.21 Receive Online test
After the online test, there are three more rounds I haven't started yet. So I haven't get the offer but I got the next step - one way video interview.

Interview Questions

• The input is two int arrays a, b. Where a is the time when airplane arrives at the airport and b is the departure time. The airport would have to open one more gate for each landing. Calculate the minimum amount of gates needed.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidessa

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

Don't waste your time. I gave hackerrank test with 2 simple questions and test cases running. I got a reject. Initially I believed that other reviews must be biased, but they are right.

@Fidessa Stop wasting everyone's time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

I had Applied online. Got an email asking me to complete an online assessment 2 hackerrank tests. Completed the test. The assessment test was easy. The next round is the skype interview.
    Applied online. Got an email asking me to complete an online assessment test. Completed the test. The assessment test was easy. The next round is the skype interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

A bad interview procedure. Aced all the interviews but still got rejected. I think they don't have enough openings and they just waste interviewee's time. It had two online tests and a phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa in January 2017.

Interview

Worst process ever, don't waste your time on this company. Please read below :

Number of rounds : 5
    1) Online coding [ Hackerrank ] - V Easy
    2) Online coding [ Hackerrank ] - Easy
    3) Oneway video interview - Average [ Questions are already on glassdoor ]
    4) Codepair with a developer - Average
                            I was given 2 questions to code using hacker rank code pair, both were of average difficulty. Interviewer was nice and helpful.
    5) Skype Interview - Average
                           Had a skype interview with two managers, it was completely based on resume. I was asked to explain two projects in depth and had small discussions about other projects.

They emphasized C / C++ in every single round, but since I am a Java developer I used Java in every round including my code pair [ In the one way video interview also I told them that my most preferred language is Java ]. In my Skype interview they asked about my C++ experience and I told them that I do not have experience with C++[ May be the reason for rejection although they acted as if it is okay during the interview ]

Worst part is they take 5 rounds for internship and then they check if the candidate is suitable for the team, this was the biggest waste of time for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called me and asked me about my resume. Then I got an online testing about C++ questions. I took two days to review c++ and arranged two hours to finish it. The email said I had to got 80 points to pass it, but I only got 78.

Interview Questions

• Many advanced c++ functions such as regular expression library, template and multithreading...   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

OAs are first given on the Hackerank. People have to deal with the input issue which is a challenge. Failed the second OA due to time limitation. Should get well prepared on the coding challenge before applying the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 coding questions. Used Hackerrank. Both of my solutions were accepted by Hackerrank. But the interviewer pointed out that there was a bug in my solution for the second question. I spent 2-3 minutes to fix it.

Interview Questions

• hash table & string related   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidessa (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a Hackerrank screening about a few days later, and another a few days after that. After the second screening, I was told that they were not going to proceed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidessa in February 2016.

Interview

apply online , give me a online test on hacker rank , 40 min ,2 questions.
    the time is limited and the oj system can tell you the wrong output, it is hard for u debug
    you can choose any languages you want (cpp, jave)

Interview Questions

• 1.write a function to find the first duplicate character in a string(in O(nlog(n) ) , i use hash table to solve
      2.long question about string processing ,don't reember   Answer Question