Fidessa Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidessa Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

I had Applied online. Got an email asking me to complete an online assessment 2 hackerrank tests. Completed the test. The assessment test was easy. The next round is the skype interview.
Applied online. Got an email asking me to complete an online assessment test. Completed the test. The assessment test was easy. The next round is the skype interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidessa

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa in January 2017.

Interview

Worst process ever, don't waste your time on this company. Please read below :

Number of rounds : 5
    1) Online coding [ Hackerrank ] - V Easy
    2) Online coding [ Hackerrank ] - Easy
    3) Oneway video interview - Average [ Questions are already on glassdoor ]
    4) Codepair with a developer - Average
                            I was given 2 questions to code using hacker rank code pair, both were of average difficulty. Interviewer was nice and helpful.
    5) Skype Interview - Average
                           Had a skype interview with two managers, it was completely based on resume. I was asked to explain two projects in depth and had small discussions about other projects.

They emphasized C / C++ in every single round, but since I am a Java developer I used Java in every round including my code pair [ In the one way video interview also I told them that my most preferred language is Java ]. In my Skype interview they asked about my C++ experience and I told them that I do not have experience with C++[ May be the reason for rejection although they acted as if it is okay during the interview ]

Worst part is they take 5 rounds for internship and then they check if the candidate is suitable for the team, this was the biggest waste of time for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called me and asked me about my resume. Then I got an online testing about C++ questions. I took two days to review c++ and arranged two hours to finish it. The email said I had to got 80 points to pass it, but I only got 78.

Interview Questions

• Many advanced c++ functions such as regular expression library, template and multithreading...   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

OAs are first given on the Hackerank. People have to deal with the input issue which is a challenge. Failed the second OA due to time limitation. Should get well prepared on the coding challenge before applying the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 coding questions. Used Hackerrank. Both of my solutions were accepted by Hackerrank. But the interviewer pointed out that there was a bug in my solution for the second question. I spent 2-3 minutes to fix it.

Interview Questions

• hash table & string related   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidessa in February 2016.

Interview

apply online , give me a online test on hacker rank , 40 min ,2 questions.
    the time is limited and the oj system can tell you the wrong output, it is hard for u debug
    you can choose any languages you want (cpp, jave)

Interview Questions

• 1.write a function to find the first duplicate character in a string(in O(nlog(n) ) , i use hash table to solve
      2.long question about string processing ,don't reember
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa in February 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of coding challenges followed by a personal interview (technical). Both coding challenges are one hour each and are fairly simple and straightforward. Programming language to be used is C++. Topics for questions include arrays, strings, object oriented concepts (inheritance, classes etc). It is however important to finish the tests within 50 minutes at least to proceed to the next round of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career portal. After a while I received an email inviting me to do an Intern pre-screen test, a coding challenge through HackerRank. I never heard back from them. I contacted them after the interview and a week later, but didn't get any response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidessa (Troy, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Career fair quick test.

(1) A hire staff will talk to you and introduce the company;
    (2) Work on two questions in 10 to 15 minutes; and
    (3) One hiring staff will review your answers and ask some follow-up questions;
    (4) Then you can get some free swags and the hiring staff will decide whether to give you phone interview or not.

I get the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• question 1: 26 letters each corresponds to a number in range 1-26, write a function to calculate the difference of two letters. (in c++ language)   1 Answer
    • question 2: a c++ code clip which finds a given char in a string and return the index. something like this:

int findchar(string x, char searchItem )

int find;

int length = strlen(x);

for(int i = 0;i < length;i++)
          if(x[i] == searchItem)
            find = i;
      return find;
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Process was pretty simple. I applied through my school's career services job portal. After a short time someone reached out about availibility for a phone interview. Asked some standard questions about what I was looking for and if I was willing to relocate. After that some technical questions that weren't too hard. When the phone interview was over I was told to wait for an online programming test. Test was pretty simple nothing that you shouldn't have been prepared for at school. Upon passing that online technical test was brought in for an in person interview. Questions were all about prior experience or looking over the online programming evaluation. Offer extended a couple days later.