Fidessa Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

2.8

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidessa (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Was notified of the position from one of my professors, company seems keen to work with universities to hire graduates. I submitted my CV and cover letter and was invited to complete a online assessment using codify, unfortunately this was right in the middle of by exams but they seems willing to work with me to give a little extra breathing space to have it completed. Unfortunately didn't make it past this point. Were generally very quick to respond to emails and provided feedback on my assessment after i was declined the position.

Interview Questions

• Having done a degree in physics, how to you think skills you have learnt during your time studying will transfer into our workplace and what preparation have you done to prepare for a move into the financial software sector.   Answer Question

Senior IT Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process to get from the phone to face to face interview was pretty slow, yet it suited me. It did make me question how long it might take to implement changes there though when that process in itself was so long. I had a phone screen interview then a face to face.

Interview went OK, took a technical test on paper as soon as we got in followed by the face to face interview with one of the interviewers being on the phone.

Following the interview, the interviewer left and said (least i thought he said) he would return shortly. Next thing I know the Director walked in and greeted me. That's when i learned I had another interview - nothing like a bit of notice. Went fine, nice guy really easy guy to talk to get along with. He saw me out.

I had mixed feelings about taking the job following the interview, a lot of it was due to the travel (1.5 hours for me). What did not impress me however is that I didn't get any feedback whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted a permanent role after so long contracting   Answer Question

Aug 29, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Many thanks for your feedback.

I’m sorry to hear the about the experience you had during the interview process here and that you’ve not had feedback following the meetings.

We do have a... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fidessa (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Find through a recruiter, he correctly advise me that, after a first step with a test on line, the eventual second step is a face to face interview and you have to pay yourself travel costs!
    I think that if they wanted the second interview could be easily arranged using Skype without expense for anyone
    With this conditions, I won't go ahead with the interview process.
    They say they're really interested to find people across Europe, but I believe that they will find a lot of difficulties using this evaluation process...who wants to pay only for an interview without hiring guarantee?

FIX Connectivity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty quick interview process, after a telephone interview with an agency I was called into their reading office and had an interview.. Pretty much a conversation rather then a formal interview. got called back to another interview a week later and was a recap of the first week but with some pseudo code on the whiteboard and some more technical questions.

Trading Platform Delivery Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

It was such a long process. I went through verbel reasoning test which I passed.
    After that I was given a date for face to face interview, which was 2 weeks after I pass the online test.
    It was 2 hours conversation around my experience, technical and work related scenario baced questions.
    The interviewers werent familiar with my cv at all, which made such a bad impression. After that I was given 45 min technical test, and I had another 30 min chat with the head of the department.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

First a Codility test from home. Results were not shared. However they invited me on site. 2 Codility tests of half an hour each to start with that were quite easy. First one went well although it produced 20% success because 2 tests (of the ones that Codility runs after the solution submission) failed although all the other passed and the complexity was the required one. I asked the interviewer to discuss them and check the results but he refused. He mentioned that he didn't understand why they failed but didn't care about it. The second test although straightforward I didn't have enough time to compile it and run the default tests. The algorithm was written though. Again I asked him to discuss it but he refused. He didn't even comment on the code I wrote. To sum up, very poor interview process only based on the Codility results which are not evaluated by the interviewer as the score only matters.

Interview Questions

• Simple algorithms in Codility tool that had to pass tests that are not given.   Answer Question

Sep 19, 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Many thanks for your feedback following your interview here at Fidessa.

Normally the code submitted from the Codility test is reviewed and discussed with all candidates as part of the interview... More

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

First there was an online 30 minute codility test, which was straightforward and had one question. Then an on-site 1 hour codility test with two questions, again straightforward. If you passed this test you proceed to the next round asking you competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you worked with a team, what problems did you face, how did you overcome the problem?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Two stage process. The first part was 2 Codility problems. If you passed these you went on to the interview. I failed these. The first one on a minor coding error the second I couldn't work out a solution at the time. They have improved their process from earlier comments, in that you now have access to MSDN. I would advise to spend a lot of time working through Codility example questions. They cover a lot of general situations you might encounter in the actual tests.

QA Analyst At Fidessa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidessa (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I went through a recruitment company. Had initial telephone screening (approx 20 minutes) with QA team manager within a few days, then onsite (approx 2 hours) a few days later. The onsite was in 3 parts: part 1 was HR type person asking questions about salary expectations, what you know about the company and filling out a form with a bunch of your personal details; part 2a was a series of 30 questions that very closely resembled questions on ISEB/ISTQB tests - it was marked and feedback given that I scored approximately 80% correct; part 2b was 3 coding questions. No feedback was given on them there and then, but I believe I would have scored OK on them because I got back to my office and coded them up to check my answers; part 3 was a bunch of HR-type and scenario-based interview questions lasting approximately 1 hour.

The interview went well, I felt we had good rapport and I answered the questions solidly. One of the interviewers actually complimented me on how well it had gone in their opinion.

On the basis of all of the above, I was really hopeful of a positive result. However...

I was told by the recruiter 3 days after the interview that Fidessa did not wish to proceed. That's it. Nothing more. No feedback. Maybe Brexit had affected their recruitment or something like that. If so, then why had they called me in for interview as it was only 3 days before that? Really gutted as it feels like a total waste of time for both parties.

Interview Questions

Fidessa Response

Jul 11, 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Many thanks for your feedback on the interview you had with Fidessa. We do like to give all candidates feedback after interviews and I'm sorry that this hasn't been communicated to you. I'm more... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Asked to complete an online codility test which toke HR over 6 weeks to respond to offering a final stage interview which comprises of basic HR compancies. Asking if I knew a little about the busines. Then 1 hour to complete 2 additional codility tests which depending if your successful or not you get to attend the technical interview.

They don't provide you with any information regarding what's on the test. The Java API document will be open in a browser to use as reference (which isn't helpful - depending on what your tests consist of).

Google is blocked but you can still use other search engines but stack overflow will also be banned.

My advice make sure you have access to your mobile device and Google answers to the problems in your tests.

There is no one watching you for the hour and only the report is forwarded to the interviewer to review. You will be given an interview providing you meet the minimum pass mark for the tests.

As codility is unforgiving you may be able to complete both tasks however time constraints alone are a challenge