Fidessa Interview Questions in Woking, England | Glassdoor

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Got contacted on LinkedIn. Applied online. Had to do an online coding test on hackerrank. Fairly simple, use of vectors/arrays. Invited to the Assessment day in their Woking headquarters. 2 group tasks (mostly logic, team cooperation and work), as well as 2 individual (a face-to-face interview with technical questions and personality questions, and then an individual coding challenge). Chance to participate to a networking lunch while there. They prefer C++ over any other language.

Interview Questions

• Create a randomization algorithm to randomize numbers fairly evenly, without the use of any pre-made standard functions for random numbers (at the assessment centre)   Answer Question
    • Initial coding test, function to place new bikes on a bike rack (an array/vector) to be as far as possible from one another, given initial positions of the pre-existing bikes   Answer Question

Senior IT Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process to get from the phone to face to face interview was pretty slow, yet it suited me. It did make me question how long it might take to implement changes there though when that process in itself was so long. I had a phone screen interview then a face to face.

Interview went OK, took a technical test on paper as soon as we got in followed by the face to face interview with one of the interviewers being on the phone.

Following the interview, the interviewer left and said (least i thought he said) he would return shortly. Next thing I know the Director walked in and greeted me. That's when i learned I had another interview - nothing like a bit of notice. Went fine, nice guy really easy guy to talk to get along with. He saw me out.

I had mixed feelings about taking the job following the interview, a lot of it was due to the travel (1.5 hours for me). What did not impress me however is that I didn't get any feedback whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted a permanent role after so long contracting   Answer Question

Fidessa Response

Aug 29, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Many thanks for your feedback.

I’m sorry to hear the about the experience you had during the interview process here and that you’ve not had feedback following the meetings.

We do have a... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

First a Codility test from home. Results were not shared. However they invited me on site. 2 Codility tests of half an hour each to start with that were quite easy. First one went well although it produced 20% success because 2 tests (of the ones that Codility runs after the solution submission) failed although all the other passed and the complexity was the required one. I asked the interviewer to discuss them and check the results but he refused. He mentioned that he didn't understand why they failed but didn't care about it. The second test although straightforward I didn't have enough time to compile it and run the default tests. The algorithm was written though. Again I asked him to discuss it but he refused. He didn't even comment on the code I wrote. To sum up, very poor interview process only based on the Codility results which are not evaluated by the interviewer as the score only matters.

Interview Questions

• Simple algorithms in Codility tool that had to pass tests that are not given.   Answer Question

Fidessa Response

Sep 19, 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Many thanks for your feedback following your interview here at Fidessa.

Normally the code submitted from the Codility test is reviewed and discussed with all candidates as part of the interview... More

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

First there was an online 30 minute codility test, which was straightforward and had one question. Then an on-site 1 hour codility test with two questions, again straightforward. If you passed this test you proceed to the next round asking you competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you worked with a team, what problems did you face, how did you overcome the problem?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Two stage process. The first part was 2 Codility problems. If you passed these you went on to the interview. I failed these. The first one on a minor coding error the second I couldn't work out a solution at the time. They have improved their process from earlier comments, in that you now have access to MSDN. I would advise to spend a lot of time working through Codility example questions. They cover a lot of general situations you might encounter in the actual tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

First stage is an 30min online coding test. The testing enviroment is Codility. You have to submit code with a particular time and space complexity.Its mostly related to array manipulation(vector, string, array etc.) and you can choose the programming language. No Object Oriented though.
    After that given that you pass the online test there are 2 more coding tests on company's site and a formal interview

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for a summer internship through university careers outreach email. Got invited onsite together with other applicants from the same university. Interviews were split between 2 group assessments and 2 individual test (one code, one talking with a team of engineers)

Interview Questions

• Given a integer, output the corresponding roman numeral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

If they are happy with your CV you are asked to perform an online programming task. This was a Codility test a little harder than the three demo tests on the Codility website. If they are happy with that you are invited to an on-site programming test and subsequent interview if you pass. Alas, I did not pass the programming test so I cannot say anything about the interview.

Interview Questions

• In the coding test you have one hour to solve two Codility problems, one a little harder than the on-line test and one a little harder than that. I was able to solve the problems when I got home - I simply ran out of time when I was doing the problems on site.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was overall pleasant. All the staff that I met were very friendly. The interview itself seemed fairly easy. Two codility tests and a two to one interview. Got free tea. Nice. More words here. Other review were very help

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time when a teammate failed in their task.   Answer Question

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

An online coding test followed by 2 more coding tests on site and an interview. Coding test could be done in Java, C# or C++. On site test had restricted internet access, so no Google!

Interview Questions

• Asked about projects I had done at university and how I had tested them   1 Answer