Fidessa Interview Questions in Woking, England | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

First a Codility test from home. Results were not shared. However they invited me on site. 2 Codility tests of half an hour each to start with that were quite easy. First one went well although it produced 20% success because 2 tests (of the ones that Codility runs after the solution submission) failed although all the other passed and the complexity was the required one. I asked the interviewer to discuss them and check the results but he refused. He mentioned that he didn't understand why they failed but didn't care about it. The second test although straightforward I didn't have enough time to compile it and run the default tests. The algorithm was written though. Again I asked him to discuss it but he refused. He didn't even comment on the code I wrote. To sum up, very poor interview process only based on the Codility results which are not evaluated by the interviewer as the score only matters.

Interview Questions

• Simple algorithms in Codility tool that had to pass tests that are not given.   Answer Question

Fidessa Response

Sep 19, 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Many thanks for your feedback following your interview here at Fidessa. Normally the code submitted from the Codility test is reviewed and discussed with all candidates as part of the interview ... More

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

First there was an online 30 minute codility test, which was straightforward and had one question. Then an on-site 1 hour codility test with two questions, again straightforward. If you passed this test you proceed to the next round asking you competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you worked with a team, what problems did you face, how did you overcome the problem?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Two stage process. The first part was 2 Codility problems. If you passed these you went on to the interview. I failed these. The first one on a minor coding error the second I couldn't work out a solution at the time. They have improved their process from earlier comments, in that you now have access to MSDN. I would advise to spend a lot of time working through Codility example questions. They cover a lot of general situations you might encounter in the actual tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

First stage is an 30min online coding test. The testing enviroment is Codility. You have to submit code with a particular time and space complexity.Its mostly related to array manipulation(vector, string, array etc.) and you can choose the programming language. No Object Oriented though.
    After that given that you pass the online test there are 2 more coding tests on company's site and a formal interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

If they are happy with your CV you are asked to perform an online programming task. This was a Codility test a little harder than the three demo tests on the Codility website. If they are happy with that you are invited to an on-site programming test and subsequent interview if you pass. Alas, I did not pass the programming test so I cannot say anything about the interview.

Interview Questions

• In the coding test you have one hour to solve two Codility problems, one a little harder than the on-line test and one a little harder than that. I was able to solve the problems when I got home - I simply ran out of time when I was doing the problems on site.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was overall pleasant. All the staff that I met were very friendly. The interview itself seemed fairly easy. Two codility tests and a two to one interview. Got free tea. Nice. More words here. Other review were very help

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time when a teammate failed in their task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

An online coding test followed by 2 more coding tests on site and an interview. Coding test could be done in Java, C# or C++. On site test had restricted internet access, so no Google!

Interview Questions

• Asked about projects I had done at university and how I had tested them   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three phases basically. You would go to the next one if you passed the previous.

1) One online coding test. 30 mins to complete it.
    2) Two on-site coding tests. 30 mins to complete each.
    3) Face-to-face interview with generic teamwork-related questions. This was taken place of the same day as #2 in case you passed it.

Interview Questions

• Classic coding questions such as
      * Remove duplicates of a list in O(n) time
      * Find the length of the left or right subtree with maximum depth in a binary tree.
      Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview took about an hour. I arrived early in the morning and hat to wait about half an hour to be asked to attend. The questions were generally fine with some technical and some standard HR stile questions. Asked to draw a network diagram and explain traffic flow, etc.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone call from HR to take a codility test. Moderate difficulty for experienced dev just need to careful with coding and consider edge cases (reverse a string kind of thing).
    Followed by in house with two more codility tests and general interview.

Interview Questions

• Determine from an integer number of unique integers (0,1,2,3,..9) in it   4 Answers

Thought job might not be engaging