Fido Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.4

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fido (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

It's pretty straight forward. You fill out the online form on the Rogers career webpage. Then shortly after they'll send you a test to fill out.

Afterwards if you do well they will call you for a phone interview and ask you two scenarios to know what you would do/offer.

If you do well they'll schedule you for an in person review. They'll give you a question by email and say you can do the research. Make sure to do the bit of research ( a big 5 minutes of your time) and the rest is basically like a conversation.

Pass that and you're good to go.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a call with a customer that complained about overusing his data?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

An online simulation test and some characteristic questions were sent to me 3 days after I submitted my application. Got a call back the next day but did not get the chance to interview in person yet. everything is fairly easy though.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to go back to your previous field of working   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fido (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

You go on Rogers.com, apply for a position that is of interest for you. If you're selected (through a process that is NOT random), the automated system will send you a request to complete a Online Test.

Questions about who you are, psychologie test to know what you would do in certain situations and how people would describe you if you're not around, also there is a Qualifying test that simulates a Call-center experience, where you will answer to 4 different calls for 4 different companies and you'll have to resolve the customer's request in a timely manner since you only have 30 minutes to complete the offer.

If everything went well and you finished the test before the timer goes out, you'll have a Thank You message stating that they will review your candidature and will proceed with a Phone Interview if selected. Took 2 days later and got a call from Montreal (QC) for a Fido position in a Call-Center. Basic French interview, with who you are, why you postulated online to Rogers, what are you looking out for in the next upcoming years of your life. Standard process, then they would ask you English questions (if you're French bilingual this matters a lot) and you'll have to complete a Customer Service talk with a customer (the interviewers will play the role of the customer), she will lay down the question and ask you, "what would you do ?".

If you answered correctly, you might leave the interviewer speechless and they'll give you some cues on what you may improve, but all-in-all if you know the Call-center jobs, you'll be a real customer service Champion.

Once the call is completed, you're offered through email, by the same interviewer a in-person interview with a recruiting staff member on certain date and time, they'll give you a full address and how to get there. The interview in person is the real deal. You'll have to convince the recruiter that you're a customer service Champion, you'll have to be prepared for the interview, you'll have to know Fido's service plans, phones, promotions at the time and how you could help the customer upgrade to a new device. This shouldn't be complicated if you already did something remotely similar in the past through other companies in Customer Service roles, you'll have to demonstrate the ability to listen, ask a lot of questions and be sure to note down what the customer is looking for to achieve the best solution only.

Once this process has been through, you'll be noted by the recruiter, if everything went well, she'll be speechless, but again will give you some cues on what to improve in the future. Once this is completed and again if everything went well and you'll know if it did, you'll get a Background Check, to know your past. This is crucial to know, if you had any interaction with the police and were found guilty for whatever and got a criminal file, you'll be dismissed for the job, no matter what it is. Once the background check completed, taking in account that you have nothing on your file, you'll be either offered a Job position on which you'll need to apply through rogers to complete the offer (Only if you can't debute the job on the first round). Once that is done, you'll receive an Email to accept the offer you applied to and that way seal the job for you, congratulations.

Interview Questions

• Years of service. What you like. Who you are. Where you see yourself in 5 years from now. Why Rogers. Describe a difficult situation you had to resolve in the past. Qualities/Faults.   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fido.

Interview

First step: online registration.
    One day later, I received an email telling me to follow an online test. The test included two parts. First was some stimulation of a call center representative‘s daily job, but not only focused on telecommunication issues. There were questions about banking, telecommunication and two others subjects, the main difficulty is to understand and remember what your customers have said on the line, as I was given a time limit for each question.
    The seconde part was some kind of character test. They gave lots of question about decision-making and first reaction. You would never know the correct answer.
    The test also included an personal information survey. You may choose not to do it. I think it would not be a problem.

Another 3 days later, I got a phone call. The recruitment agent asked me some questions about myself, and then made a phone interview. I was asked about ten questions, like "why would you like to work with Fido?" "What would be your advantage to do this job?" and "What's your salary expectation?" After all this, the agent told me that a final decision would be made by the manager and I would get a phone or email notice. But nothing came. I got the failure result by myself via online quote. Not a good experience.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fido (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Introduced by my friend who works at Fido. Send resume directly to the store manager and got invitation to the first interview with the manager. Common interview questions, like why you choose Fido, what you expect to gain from this position, how long you can work, what is your 3 years goal from now. Got introduced to the second round interview with Fido manager.

Interview Questions

• why you choose Fido, what you expect to gain from this position, how long you can work, what is your 3 years goal from now   Answer Question

Negotiation

be ready in sales

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fido (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview is about some basic questions. They also asked about my schedule and the salary expectation. The salary that they can offer is about 15 per hour. And at the beginning level you will be scheduled on evening until 11 pm. Overall it is an easy interview for candidates, but you still have to prepare it.

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fido (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

After you apply, you should get an email with a link to complete and online questionnaire and call-simulation. They're both pretty self-explanatory and you don't need much preparation. For me, the call-simulation didn't work on Chrome (maybe because of my extensions) but worked on Edge and Explorer.

A week later, I had a phone interview that lasted around 20-25 minutes. They ask the usual questions: why Rogers/Fido, what you would do in X situation, and so on. Afterwards, I was scheduled to do an in-person interview at the office that includes a role playing question, so you should do research online (don't worry, they will email you the question so you can prep & also bring notes to the interview).

During the one-on-one interview, they ask you a lot of the same questions as the phone interview pertaining to past experience, why Fido/Rogers, behavioural and situational questions, etc. They do ask role playing questions as well.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer(s) say you need to fix?
      Do you have experience working in a structured environment (ie. strict time schedules and having your performance measured)?   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fido (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

There are three stages for the interview process. An application online gets you a phone interview, an online assessment and a one on one interview or with a manager on the floor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fido.

Interview

easy, have the interview under the phone and be asked some simply question about your personal like why you want to work here and what is your available date, and you will be ask to work right away

Fido Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fido (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

The manager normally just ask you several behaviour question to see whether you are able to handle the customers' issue effieciently. Besides, they want to test your sale skills by asking you to try to sell something to them

Interview Questions

• how do you choose your target customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing