Fido Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Interview

Good. I met with a manager and he did a good job of interviewing me. I hope to hear back from the company soon. Maybe they will call me tomorrow. They said I should hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• What salary range do you want?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

An online simulation test and some characteristic questions were sent to me 3 days after I submitted my application. Got a call back the next day but did not get the chance to interview in person yet. everything is fairly easy though.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to go back to your previous field of working   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fido.

Interview

First step: online registration.
    One day later, I received an email telling me to follow an online test. The test included two parts. First was some stimulation of a call center representative‘s daily job, but not only focused on telecommunication issues. There were questions about banking, telecommunication and two others subjects, the main difficulty is to understand and remember what your customers have said on the line, as I was given a time limit for each question.
    The seconde part was some kind of character test. They gave lots of question about decision-making and first reaction. You would never know the correct answer.
    The test also included an personal information survey. You may choose not to do it. I think it would not be a problem.

Another 3 days later, I got a phone call. The recruitment agent asked me some questions about myself, and then made a phone interview. I was asked about ten questions, like "why would you like to work with Fido?" "What would be your advantage to do this job?" and "What's your salary expectation?" After all this, the agent told me that a final decision would be made by the manager and I would get a phone or email notice. But nothing came. I got the failure result by myself via online quote. Not a good experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fido (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview is about some basic questions. They also asked about my schedule and the salary expectation. The salary that they can offer is about 15 per hour. And at the beginning level you will be scheduled on evening until 11 pm. Overall it is an easy interview for candidates, but you still have to prepare it.

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fido (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I received a brief phone interview and an online assessment questionnaire after 12 hours of my online application. The job page says bilingual is a requirement skill but under the "Preferred" section, so i thought I could try for it even though I am not perfect bilingual in English and French.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with answering phone calls in French?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fido.

Interview

Got an interview at the corporate location. Asked about sales experience, education and goals for the future.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fido.

Interview

Applied online at first. Then I got an email within a few days to complete a survey/questionnaire. It took me about 30mins in total. Questions started off general about experience and background related info. Then it was more like a personality/ability test. Afterwards, there's like a "test", where you have to work on some virtual simulations and pretend to be a call-center rep.

I got a call from the HR after 1-2 weeks. Because the position required a 11weeks of full-time training, if you can't do it, then you get filtered out and won't be hired. I had to call her back after I confirmed I could push back school for a few months. She gave me a phone interview on the spot when I called back. There was a situational question about how i would deal with angry customers when the system is down. That was unexpected (not in a bad way) and made the whole phone interview experience actually pretty fun. The interviewer used all my answers to add on to the original situation and to asked what I would do if more problems arose based on the situations we formed together. It was difficult, but really interactive and different.

Position seems pretty awesome as an entry-level like position: ~$16 per hour to start (~$17 an hour after 6pm); "Tribe-like" teams and team leaders; benefits and discounts.

Too bad I wasn't offered the opportunity. But I'm really grateful that they didn't leave me hanging and sent me an email by the end of that week to let me know about their decision.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say is your greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fido in May 2012.

Interview

I emailed my resume along with a cover letter. The manager called me for an interview. I went in the store. He interviewed me right in the store. There were a lot of personality questions, strengths and weaknesses, and customer situational questions. He asked about hours of availability and pay. Towards the end, he asked me to sell him a pen.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you have really pissed a customer off, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fido (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

An HR staff called for a short interview.

Then face to face interview.

The interview mostly focused on sales skill.

Interview Questions

• How to sell a pen.   Answer Question
    • Rollplaying.

The interviewer is a difficult customer, the interviewee need to respond for serveral situations.   Answer Question