Fido Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.4

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Interview

Good. I met with a manager and he did a good job of interviewing me. I hope to hear back from the company soon. Maybe they will call me tomorrow. They said I should hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• What salary range do you want?   1 Answer

Sales Associaate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fido in September 2017.

Interview

Online questionier was tricky. All the responses were similar. Had a hard tome finding the best and the worst options. It was trickier than expected. I did several situational scenario parctices befor taking the interview. But none of them were similar to the interview

Interview Questions

• Situational questions were tricky   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fido.

Interview

I sent my resume on Sunday, the next day morning I got the email that asked me to take the online assessment, 10 minutes after I submit the assessment, the HR team called me and asked me few normal interview questions, then the next following day, I attended the in person interview. The whole process before your interview is so fast. They will give you 2-3 scenarios, then you have to give them the steps that you would do. Base on what you respond, they will testify whether you are suitable or not. Then, they asked you some common questions, pretty straight forward and that's it.

Interview Questions

• If you get a phone call from a client who is very furious by his billing, he thinks he has been overcharged, what would you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fido (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

It's pretty straight forward. You fill out the online form on the Rogers career webpage. Then shortly after they'll send you a test to fill out.

Afterwards if you do well they will call you for a phone interview and ask you two scenarios to know what you would do/offer.

If you do well they'll schedule you for an in person review. They'll give you a question by email and say you can do the research. Make sure to do the bit of research ( a big 5 minutes of your time) and the rest is basically like a conversation.

Pass that and you're good to go.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a call with a customer that complained about overusing his data?   1 Answer

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fido (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application online, you're sent an email with a 30 minute survey. If you pass that, they complete a phone interview, then you have an in person interview with two of the managers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

An online simulation test and some characteristic questions were sent to me 3 days after I submitted my application. Got a call back the next day but did not get the chance to interview in person yet. everything is fairly easy though.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to go back to your previous field of working   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fido (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

You go on Rogers.com, apply for a position that is of interest for you. If you're selected (through a process that is NOT random), the automated system will send you a request to complete a Online Test.

Questions about who you are, psychologie test to know what you would do in certain situations and how people would describe you if you're not around, also there is a Qualifying test that simulates a Call-center experience, where you will answer to 4 different calls for 4 different companies and you'll have to resolve the customer's request in a timely manner since you only have 30 minutes to complete the offer.

If everything went well and you finished the test before the timer goes out, you'll have a Thank You message stating that they will review your candidature and will proceed with a Phone Interview if selected. Took 2 days later and got a call from Montreal (QC) for a Fido position in a Call-Center. Basic French interview, with who you are, why you postulated online to Rogers, what are you looking out for in the next upcoming years of your life. Standard process, then they would ask you English questions (if you're French bilingual this matters a lot) and you'll have to complete a Customer Service talk with a customer (the interviewers will play the role of the customer), she will lay down the question and ask you, "what would you do ?".

If you answered correctly, you might leave the interviewer speechless and they'll give you some cues on what you may improve, but all-in-all if you know the Call-center jobs, you'll be a real customer service Champion.

Once the call is completed, you're offered through email, by the same interviewer a in-person interview with a recruiting staff member on certain date and time, they'll give you a full address and how to get there. The interview in person is the real deal. You'll have to convince the recruiter that you're a customer service Champion, you'll have to be prepared for the interview, you'll have to know Fido's service plans, phones, promotions at the time and how you could help the customer upgrade to a new device. This shouldn't be complicated if you already did something remotely similar in the past through other companies in Customer Service roles, you'll have to demonstrate the ability to listen, ask a lot of questions and be sure to note down what the customer is looking for to achieve the best solution only.

Once this process has been through, you'll be noted by the recruiter, if everything went well, she'll be speechless, but again will give you some cues on what to improve in the future. Once this is completed and again if everything went well and you'll know if it did, you'll get a Background Check, to know your past. This is crucial to know, if you had any interaction with the police and were found guilty for whatever and got a criminal file, you'll be dismissed for the job, no matter what it is. Once the background check completed, taking in account that you have nothing on your file, you'll be either offered a Job position on which you'll need to apply through rogers to complete the offer (Only if you can't debute the job on the first round). Once that is done, you'll receive an Email to accept the offer you applied to and that way seal the job for you, congratulations.

Interview Questions

• Years of service. What you like. Who you are. Where you see yourself in 5 years from now. Why Rogers. Describe a difficult situation you had to resolve in the past. Qualities/Faults.   Answer Question

Sales Associaate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fido (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through Rogers, received email correspondences, and then met with the manager and assistant manager. We sat at down and talked for 30-40 minutes. It was pretty easy. I don't know what else to add. The questions were also behavioral.

Interview Questions

• If we have the same product as everyone else but seem to be getting less traffic, what would you suggest we do to fix that?   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fido.

Interview

First step: online registration.
    One day later, I received an email telling me to follow an online test. The test included two parts. First was some stimulation of a call center representative‘s daily job, but not only focused on telecommunication issues. There were questions about banking, telecommunication and two others subjects, the main difficulty is to understand and remember what your customers have said on the line, as I was given a time limit for each question.
    The seconde part was some kind of character test. They gave lots of question about decision-making and first reaction. You would never know the correct answer.
    The test also included an personal information survey. You may choose not to do it. I think it would not be a problem.

Another 3 days later, I got a phone call. The recruitment agent asked me some questions about myself, and then made a phone interview. I was asked about ten questions, like "why would you like to work with Fido?" "What would be your advantage to do this job?" and "What's your salary expectation?" After all this, the agent told me that a final decision would be made by the manager and I would get a phone or email notice. But nothing came. I got the failure result by myself via online quote. Not a good experience.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fido (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Introduced by my friend who works at Fido. Send resume directly to the store manager and got invitation to the first interview with the manager. Common interview questions, like why you choose Fido, what you expect to gain from this position, how long you can work, what is your 3 years goal from now. Got introduced to the second round interview with Fido manager.

Interview Questions

• why you choose Fido, what you expect to gain from this position, how long you can work, what is your 3 years goal from now   Answer Question

Negotiation

be ready in sales