Fifth Third Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied and got an email from the recruiter the next day to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty simple. Asked me about my work experience and explained the positions they were looking for. She then told me I would get a call from the branch by the end of the week to schedule a branch interview with the regional manager. I was told to email if I didn't. I didn't hear anything so I emailed her and the same day they called to schedule an interview a week out. I went early to the interview and met with 2 regional managers. The interview was average they asked me what I did and went through my experience with selling and banking. After the interview I was told I would hear from the recruiter in the beginning of the following week. Tuesday of the following week I received an email stating that they went with another candidate.

Personal Banker Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and tiresome. All for low pay and high workload. Managers tend to pawn off most of their work on the personal bankers and head out early.Lengthy and tiresome. All for low pay and high workload. Managers tend to pawn off most of their work on the personal bankers and head out early.Lengthy and tiresome. All for low pay and high workload. Managers tend to pawn off most of their work on the personal bankers and head out early.

Interview Questions

• Basics. "Why us? Can you multi-task? Are you a team player?" The usual. If you've got retail experience, then it's the same interview process, just longer and with 2-3 people.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Columbus, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a Fifth Third employee, the interview took one week. I was contacted by a recruiter first for a phone interview then onsite. offer was made right after the interview.

Mortgage Fulfillment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Columbus, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview with the staffing agency first, and then phone interview with HR, which set up a on site interview with trainer, manager , VP, and HR. We advise by VP that I would be hire on the spot. Set up another meeting with my direct manager a week later.

Interview Questions

• The VP and Trainer ask the standard question. How do you handle difficult employees and customers. And give a example.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given the salary I requested. My advice to anyone looking to work for Fifth Third is to accept the offer. This is one of the best company I've work for if I ever get the opportunity to work for them again I would take it immediately.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Columbus, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

The 5/3 interview structure is a format-driven STAR interview. You will be asked questions like: "tell me about a time when you accomplished something that you originally didn't think you could?" You must answer by describing the Situation, the Task that was undertaken, the Action that you took & then the Result of all of that. The more quantifiable answers that you use, the better. E.g. I worked for XYZ bank as a personal banker. We were asked to achieve a sales goal of $X, which was twice last year's goal so I didn't think we'd be able to do it. I researched the tools made available to us by Marketing and discussed using the ABC plan to increase our customer cross-sell ratios at the team meeting with the other PBs and the Manager. We changed the plan a bit so that everyone was bought in. We implemented ABC plan with some extra effort during [whenever] because of [whatever]. We all worked some overtime to chip in, but to keep overtime to a minimum, we [did whatever] so that we could respect the team's work life balance. At the end of the year we exceeded goal by 10%. We were the only branch to even hit goal that year, as the typical branch was at 80% or lower to goal. We wouldn't have been able to do it if we hadn't come together as a team. Gaining the intial buy-in to the Plan as well as the excellent leadership and support provided by our Manager was what made all the differenence.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. All answers are expected to be STAR answers. If you leave out an element of the STAR story (such as the result), you will lose significant points and will likely blow the interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Columbus, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Explain a time where you had a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve the situation