Fifth Third Financial Center Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fifth Third Financial Center Manager Interview Questions

3.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter went extremely well. She was very pleasant and welcoming over the phone interview. She scheduled a face to face interview with a regional manager. It was evident that he wasn't prepared for the interview and didn't have a copy of my resume. He came across very rushed and uninterested in the interview upon initial contact. Not sure if it was because of my race or my appearance as a larger person but he seemed to not be interested. He barely asked any questions and the interview was over in less than 39 minutes. As a seasoned banker with over 15 years of experience and 10 of those as a manager. It was very interesting to hear the feedback that he provided the human resources associate. It was obvious he was not engaged in our conversation as he should have been. This interview did not leave a good impression of the leadership of the organization.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fifth Third

Financial Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Made contact with DM at local branch and they suggested I apply online. Had a brief phone interview with DM next day, and they wanted to set up 2nd interview with panel. Next week had interview with DM and 2 superiors. Went well, basic behavior and experience questions. Was told would be contacted the following week.
    After 4 weeks of playing phone tag with DM, was told by another branch employee that position had been filled internally over 2 weeks prior. Could have been handled better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn and she happened to be the hiring recruiter for the position I was interested in. I had one screening phone call with her where she asked very basic questions about my experience and told me about the available position. An interview with the hiring manager was set up for about a week later. When I got there, it was me across from the market manager and two area managers at a board room table-very intimidating and intense! They proceeded to grill me for the next 45 minutes. Although my current position is heavy with operations, I have a strong background in sales that they kind of "looked over." Much to my surprise, they didn't even ask me about my management style or situational questions. They strictly wanted to know what I would do to generate sales in the branch. Then they told me they'd get back with me by the end of the week and waited two additional weeks to tell me they were moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• If the banker is having a slow week, how would you generate home equity sales?   Answer Question
    • How competitive are you? Give me some examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Aurora, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Communication is terrible, and it was clearly an interview just so they can say they interviewed. The position was basically pre-filled. I have conducted serval interviews in my past and I can clearly tell the manager interviewing me was winging it. I was an internal candidate and I can honestly say there were people who were a better fit for the position but the person who got it was not one of them. It was a old friend of the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation at work that involved you and another employee having a disagreement , and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Financial Center Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Basic star interview process. Interviewed by several branch managers rotating star questions. Good work related qestion answer conversations. Very comfortable and down to earth environment. Informative interviewing process. Interview with regional manager same day. "

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were on the table. Very easy and upfront process

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Vernon Hills, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Behavioral based questions. Phone Interview, panel interview with 2 regional managers and a HR business partner. Thankfully that was it. Took about 3 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time....How did you handle....What best describes...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very shady if your coming from within management usually already knows who they plan to hire. Also no one seemed to have answers or follow up. Their follow up is a joke.

Interview Questions

• What's is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Multiple interviews, situational analysis interview questions

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview process began with phone conversation with corporate recruiting personnel, followed by a second phone interview that took place about 3 days later. Onsite interview scheduled 2 days later with Regional Manger. Phone call from recruiter next day to schedule in person interview with Head of Retail 2 days later. Follow up call from recruiter to offer job next day.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Everyone has to apply online initially. Then screening phone interview with a recruiter. Then interview with a Regional Manager. Then potentially an interview with the Affiliate manager.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward. Fifth Third is very obsessed with widgets so be prepared to talk about specific things you have done to increase sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was competitive. There is definitely wiggle room in initial offers. Benefits are competitive.