Fifth Third Interview Questions in Grand Rapids, MI | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

This was a open interview for job seekers. All applications from walk in's and appointment's were accepted and later received a interview one on one. A follow up is expected and pending.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to handle a conflicting customer.   1 Answer

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty laid back. Was suppose to be two managers there and only one showed up. Had to interview again so the second manager could ask me the same questions. Left thinking that was it and then I was told I needed to interview downtown. That one was my least favorite but most organized.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

2 over the phone, 1 in person. met with the branch manager and had the opportunity to share my sales background. there are many locations in West Michigan and he was from a branch that needed a banker at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

There are 2 interviews. A phone interview and an in person interview. In my phone interview, they only let me ask 1 question when, at the end of the interview, it came time to ask, do you have any questions for us, this is a big red flag. The in person interview was over 1 hour long. In our class, several people were flat lied to about how much the bonuses are.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your job you had in 1999.   1 Answer

Mortgage Processor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

1st contact was good with HR, meet 2 managers that looked like they just rolled out of bed with a hangover. 2nd contact with HR was the worse handling I have had in 35 years. 2nd interview was a head of heads over dept. and she was professional. Don't know if they have a outside firm for HR but they need someone else

Interview Questions

• If I want to make a commitment to 5th/3rd after the first interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I think it was just too difficult. To come up with examples for five years experience. This does not give a good feel for who the person truly is.

Interview Questions

• They were all difficult. Asking for specific examples on a certain aspect of the job. There is no time to think and if you take too long then how does that look.   1 Answer

Late Stage Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Sat down with 2 managers on the collections floor. Asked relevant questions and what I wanted to do going forward. Very open with the idea that this position is a stepping stone.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Service to Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Managers were enthusiastic about the job and the earning potential. I went in with a lot of sales experience, and they recognized that. My boss was fair from the beginning, but yet also really encouraging, and that is one of the reasons why I not only accepted the position, but also still thrive in it.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle speaking to people who may be upset at the bank, but not at you?   Answer Question

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

one on one interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly wage

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

There was first a phone interview, then there was a IQ and skills test. After the process there were two 2:1 interviews using the "STAR" format. Ensure you are adequately prepared for specific examples, very simple if you have personality and good skills. I had my first 2:1 interview, and was called the next day for a second. The specific questions vary on the department being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to promote diversity within the workplace?   Answer Question
    • What have you done to focus on community service in representing an employeer?   Answer Question

The job was a good opportunity, but I was offered better money to stay with the department I was currently in. The company has lots of room for advancement and growth.