Fifth Third Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.6

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Bryan, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Very long and horrible, took forever for them to contact you and get back with you. No one seemed to know what was going on and it just took forever.

Mortgage Processor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

1st contact was good with HR, meet 2 managers that looked like they just rolled out of bed with a hangover. 2nd contact with HR was the worse handling I have had in 35 years. 2nd interview was a head of heads over dept. and she was professional. Don't know if they have a outside firm for HR but they need someone else

Interview Questions

• If I want to make a commitment to 5th/3rd after the first interview.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I think it was just too difficult. To come up with examples for five years experience. This does not give a good feel for who the person truly is.

Interview Questions

• They were all difficult. Asking for specific examples on a certain aspect of the job. There is no time to think and if you take too long then how does that look.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

There are 2 interviews. A phone interview and an in person interview. In my phone interview, they only let me ask 1 question when, at the end of the interview, it came time to ask, do you have any questions for us, this is a big red flag. The in person interview was over 1 hour long. In our class, several people were flat lied to about how much the bonuses are.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your job you had in 1999.   1 Answer

Lead Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

I was moving from Indiana to Florida as an internal employee The interview process was lead by a lady which treated me like a 2 year old and an outsider. Actually asking if I was willing to relocate. The branch manager once I was placed kept her light off for the first two hours of each day

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to relocate   1 Answer

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, In person 1 on 1, small panel, then VP. All interviews up until the VP was basic and easy. How to deal with difficult customer, what is your greatest strength/weakness, etc, etc. This all changed when I got to the VP interview. He was asking me about sales, what are my closing techniques, etc. I informed him that I was not applying for a position that dealt at all with sales, and he was like "We are all salesman". At that point he picks up a stress ball from his desk and throws it to me and tells me to sell it. I fumbled through it, apparently by the look on his face - never heard from them again.

I don't believe he was engaged at all in the process, and he was annoyed by my this "This is not a sales position" response.

So be prepared for anything, if you make it to the VP interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, basic level up until the VP interview. Threw a ball from his desk and asked me to sell it to him.   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Vernon Hills, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Behavioral based questions. Phone Interview, panel interview with 2 regional managers and a HR business partner. Thankfully that was it. Took about 3 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time....How did you handle....What best describes...   Answer Question

Quantitative Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

First a few phone interviews with the program manager. Followed by full day interview where you meet with several managers for personal interviews. Then give a 10 minute presentation on previous modeling work to a group of experts. Followed up by lunch with senior level employees. The interviews were not difficult it was mostly people trying to get to know you. They really do judge based on the presentation and your ability to distill your research and communicate it to an audience well. The lunch was another chance for people to feel you out and determine if your a good communicator and how well you can get along.

Interview Questions

• What are the limits of your model. What do you want to do at the bank.   Answer Question

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through linked in. There were total of six interviews , from HR to VP level. Each interview were of 30 min. The panal made sure that I was super comfortable. They are very interactive. Asked a lot of questions on technical stuff and scenarios.

The first four were telephonic. And for the rest, had to travel to Cincinnati.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

It was quick. Sales based and customer situation based. First you interview with the assistant manager if available, then with the branch manager. If needed they also bring in the district manager to help in the decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you overcame a rejection at work.   1 Answer