Fifth Third Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.6

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Joliet, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Detailed information on your work history and a break down of your resume from your point of view. I ended up,getting the job and left my old company I was with for 6 years

Interview Questions

• They want to know about your work history and why you would be a good with Fifth Third bank   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long and boring but not bad truthfully

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty laid back. Was suppose to be two managers there and only one showed up. Had to interview again so the second manager could ask me the same questions. Left thinking that was it and then I was told I needed to interview downtown. That one was my least favorite but most organized.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Phone with three different people. Questions were very understandable and common in terms of HR people asking questions of non-HR people. Nothing new. OK. This is ridiculous. I have said enough hopefully your software will now let me post this. Time to check what really matters. I can type thousands of words that will be absolutely meaningless. Thirty words??? Are you kidding?

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Deland, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Actually filling out the application online took a while. I got a spontaneous phone interview call in about a week which went very well. The HR rep was very nice and set me up for a 1:1 interview two days later. The manager I spoke with focused a lot on situational questions, changing policies, and customer service relationships. He made it very relaxed, and it was more like a casual conversation than just one question being thrown at you one after the other. I was told I would receive a verbal offer the following Monday (I interviewed on Friday) if I was chosen, and I did.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you didn't agree with a particular policy.   Answer Question
    • Can you think of a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee, and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the Personal Banker position and got a call within two days from a recruiter who asked me some basic questions about my employment history. She scheduled me for an interview and told me where and with whom I would be meeting. In the meantime I was asked to fill out an online profile that included a copy of my resume, salary expectations, and basic information that they could use for a background check.

I met with two managers (an HR manager and a branch manager) for my interview which lasted about 45 minutes. They were very friendly and asked mostly situational questions. I came prepared with a few questions and kept the conversation going.

I got a call from the recruiter a few days later extending me a formal offer and an offer letter was emailed to me later that day. After reviewing the letter, I did not negotiate the salary and accepted the position pending background and drug check.

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through linked in. There were total of six interviews , from HR to VP level. Each interview were of 30 min. The panal made sure that I was super comfortable. They are very interactive. Asked a lot of questions on technical stuff and scenarios.

The first four were telephonic. And for the rest, had to travel to Cincinnati.

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied on March 10th through their career site. Internal recruiter contacted me via phone less than 2 weeks later. I was long distance so phone interview with hiring manager was done about a week later. Fifth Third flew me out for a 2 hour, 4 person (half hour each) interview rounds. Extensive background check, drug test, fingerprints, education verification, employment history and work verification done. Accepted offer and started May 9th. Good communication from HR. Good starting salary. No paid relocation. High cost of parking downtown. Seems like I have a good boss and team.

Interview Questions

• I was asked general personality questions. This was the least technical interview I have ever experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. HR asked me during first phone call what my number was and I gave them a bit of a high figure - just in case. They didn't blink and that was that.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Smyrna, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Really didn't get asked any hard questions that I'm not already use to being asked. Basic teller questions. If you ever worked as teller at any other bank these types of interviews should be easy.

Quantitative Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

First a few phone interviews with the program manager. Followed by full day interview where you meet with several managers for personal interviews. Then give a 10 minute presentation on previous modeling work to a group of experts. Followed up by lunch with senior level employees. The interviews were not difficult it was mostly people trying to get to know you. They really do judge based on the presentation and your ability to distill your research and communicate it to an audience well. The lunch was another chance for people to feel you out and determine if your a good communicator and how well you can get along.

Interview Questions

• What are the limits of your model. What do you want to do at the bank.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative/Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Augusta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

the interview process is that you speak with the recruiter first .. if you are liked or fits the company needs you interview with FCM and then the regional manager

Interview Questions

• no real interview questions just a casual conversation with all parties.. they do like to hire people with no banking experience   Answer Question