Fifth Third Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was done on the phone. Generic interview questions were asked. I used the STAR method to answer each question successfully. Then moved on to the second interview on phone with HR director; she asked basically the same generic interview questions. I interview well, so I didn't find it challenging. Unfortunately, the pay was too low for me to pursue: I have an MBA and was was more interested in a corporate-level job. I met a recruiter at a job fair, had a great conversation, so I mostly pursued the interview to boost my network.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Tell me a little about yourself. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Interview

I applied through their career site the process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

My interviewer had a list of questions to ask me. Basic behavioral based questions. I was invited three days later to interview again at their office. I had a similar interview at their office. Waiting to hear back from them now.

Financial Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Made contact with DM at local branch and they suggested I apply online. Had a brief phone interview with DM next day, and they wanted to set up 2nd interview with panel. Next week had interview with DM and 2 superiors. Went well, basic behavior and experience questions. Was told would be contacted the following week.
    After 4 weeks of playing phone tag with DM, was told by another branch employee that position had been filled internally over 2 weeks prior. Could have been handled better.

Accountant Leadship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Campus, OH).

Interview

This is a campus interview. prenight dinner is important because the second day you might meet your interviewer is the same person who talked to you at prenight. 1:1 interview. finally prepare some questions to ask the interviewr.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Dayton, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Just had the phone interview going to the one on one interview today.talked for about 1 hour asked if I had a problem with a background and drug test then as where I want to work and preferred salary range

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer what did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was standard, including questions about past experience. The questions also focused on how you may align in with Fifth Third's "core values"

Met with a total of 4 people, though one was HR rep to discuss salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role and what your role is ok the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy, relaxed, and laid back. Not what I was expecting from such a large corporation, but in a good way. The interview process was easier than I had expected. I interviewed on the phone with the recruiter, then in the office with 2 different managers and 1 staff. They were all 1 on 1 interviews so nothing too stressful.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, nothing stupid/out of left field. Tell me about yourself, work history, what are your strengths, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn and she happened to be the hiring recruiter for the position I was interested in. I had one screening phone call with her where she asked very basic questions about my experience and told me about the available position. An interview with the hiring manager was set up for about a week later. When I got there, it was me across from the market manager and two area managers at a board room table-very intimidating and intense! They proceeded to grill me for the next 45 minutes. Although my current position is heavy with operations, I have a strong background in sales that they kind of "looked over." Much to my surprise, they didn't even ask me about my management style or situational questions. They strictly wanted to know what I would do to generate sales in the branch. Then they told me they'd get back with me by the end of the week and waited two additional weeks to tell me they were moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• If the banker is having a slow week, how would you generate home equity sales?   Answer Question
    • How competitive are you? Give me some examples.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

i had 2 phone interviews with a recruiter and then met with the branch manager once for 30 minutes. phone screenings were very simple- questions about previous job employment, why switching, questions about school.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

There were 2 interviews total; One with the branch manager for the branch that I applied for and another with the regional manager and another center manager of another branch. Their main concern was my ability to sell bank products as well as provide customer service.

Interview Questions

• How did your last job entail sales? Give an example of how you sold something.   Answer Question