Fifth Third Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.6

Lead Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted the next day. Only took five minutes. Basically they prefer singles because they want people to spend 150% to their company, that is according with the HR from Chicago and if people have family or second job, then they won't continue the process unless getting priorities changed around. (She basically told me to give up my other job and put my family last!)

Interview Questions

• Do you have other priorities such as job or lifestyle?   1 Answer
    • I'm sorry, but we here are fully committed at or over 150% with Fifth Third. Depending who your manager are, sometimes you may be lucky if they are willing to work with any flexible schedule. Once, you have your priorities straighten out then we can continue the process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter about two weeks later, and then interviewed onsite one week after initial contact. Interviewed at the downtown headquarters and was interviewed by 2 people. Very professional process overall and everyone I spoke with was incredibly friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter mentioned what the job salary started at. It was never brought up during the onsite interview.

ACH Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Went through 3 interviews. Took 3 months. The usual questions, nothing threw me off. The supervisor was knowledgable about their position. The hiring process was extremely long for me. I would prepare a few stock answers for their questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Human Capital Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university career website and was invited to do an on-campus interview. The night before interviews, 5/3rd hosts a "pre-night" in which you can talk to representatives from different leadership programs and listen to a presentation about what the internship/leadership program consists of. My interviewer was very nice and the entire process from beginning to end was very organized and professional. My only gripe was that after I interviewed on-campus, they never informed me that I did not make it to the second round, I just found out by not hearing back anything by the time the next interview date came around. From the date I applied, interviewed, and figured out I did not make it to the next round was about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Give me on an example of a time you had to utilize time management skills   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you had a challenge regarding ethics   Answer Question
    • Describe the challenges you had to overcome which resulted in a personal achievement   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to foster diversity and inclusion   Answer Question
    • What made you interested in HR?   Answer Question

Enterprise Data Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Four consecutive half-hour interviews with four members of the enterprise data warehousing department and related organizations. It was tedious; there were no breaks and only the last interviewer asked if I needed a break or some water. The most senior interviewer had left another area institution as C-level chief; he asked questions probing my adroitness with C-level questions; he was dissatisfied with my responses and terminated his interview with a tart "good luck with your job search." Once I knew I'd been axed from consideration, the remaining interviews were just good fun, because I knew anything I said just didn't matter. Other interviewers described conflicts between the business-side C-level Data Officer and the Technology Officer, plus the increased scrutiny that 5/3 was receiving as the largest regional bank (now that the national banks had been combed-over due to the 2008 financial collapse). I determined I would never interview with 5/3 again.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with purchased enterprise data models?   1 Answer

Financial Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter went extremely well. She was very pleasant and welcoming over the phone interview. She scheduled a face to face interview with a regional manager. It was evident that he wasn't prepared for the interview and didn't have a copy of my resume. He came across very rushed and uninterested in the interview upon initial contact. Not sure if it was because of my race or my appearance as a larger person but he seemed to not be interested. He barely asked any questions and the interview was over in less than 39 minutes. As a seasoned banker with over 15 years of experience and 10 of those as a manager. It was very interesting to hear the feedback that he provided the human resources associate. It was obvious he was not engaged in our conversation as he should have been. This interview did not leave a good impression of the leadership of the organization.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Joliet, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Detailed information on your work history and a break down of your resume from your point of view. I ended up,getting the job and left my old company I was with for 6 years

Interview Questions

• They want to know about your work history and why you would be a good with Fifth Third bank   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long and boring but not bad truthfully

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty laid back. Was suppose to be two managers there and only one showed up. Had to interview again so the second manager could ask me the same questions. Left thinking that was it and then I was told I needed to interview downtown. That one was my least favorite but most organized.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

2 over the phone, 1 in person. met with the branch manager and had the opportunity to share my sales background. there are many locations in West Michigan and he was from a branch that needed a banker at the time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Phone with three different people. Questions were very understandable and common in terms of HR people asking questions of non-HR people. Nothing new. OK. This is ridiculous. I have said enough hopefully your software will now let me post this. Time to check what really matters. I can type thousands of words that will be absolutely meaningless. Thirty words??? Are you kidding?