Fifth Third Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fifth Third Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Reviewed my resume and asked standard questions (focused on my lack of experience). The interview process was pretty easy and straightforward. This 50 word minimum seems a little ridiculous when the interview process was easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fifth Third

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Rolling Meadows, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

My interview experience started out very positive when I spoke with someone from HR who talked to me about the job/pay/benefits etc. and really sold me on the job. I spent almost two hours talking with HR about the position and was excited about joining Fifth Third after this phone interview. I was told the next step would be to meet with the person who was in charge of their loan officer training program. This would not be my full-time manage, but would be my manager during the 4-6 month training program required of new hires. I cannot stress enough how this was the MOST UNPROFESSIONAL INTERVIEW EVER. This gentleman started out friendly enough, but within the first five minutes things turned very quickly. He proceeded to tell me that having a child is a major disadvantage because it makes me "desperate for a job". He also apparently had never heard of anyone being unemployed before because he continuously questioned how anyone could possibly not be employed. I was told that someone who is currently unemployed is a risk because there is no guarantee they would stick with the company. The rest of the interview was filled with questions about my spouse's job, income and my overall financial stability. During this time, there was also ZERO discussion about the job that I was there to hear about. The entire interview felt like this manager was there to talk me out of taking the job or joining Fifth Third. The interview ended with this gentlemen saying "good luck", which clearly showed me that there was no future here. Later that same day I received a call from the original HR representative, who said she was shocked at the interview and had instructed this individual to conduct the interview so that she could prepare the official offer. I told her that the inappropriate behavior of my interviewer completely turned me off from this company.

Interview Questions

• Is your spouse able to financially support your family, or do you need this job to make ends meet?   Answer Question

The behavior of my interviewer was so unprofessional, that I can only imagine what the atmosphere of this company really is like. Instead of feeling like I was being sold on joining this company, I felt like Fifth Third believed they were doing me a favor by offering me a job. An interview is a two-way street and a potential employee must be equally interested in joining a company.