Fifth Third Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

2.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Brief first interview. Was told I would get another. Second was with Regional Mgr. It was behavioral questions and he talked on a LOT. I felt I would interrupted him and been rude but wanted to say more. He made that difficult for me. He explained star principles like I was an idiot.

Interview Questions

• About a time someone did something illegal and what did I do   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fifth Third

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online after being referred by a current employee. I received an email from the recruiter to follow the link and complete my tasks online, careers website. Then I got an email with a flyer invitation from same recruiter to attend open interviews from 3 to 6pm. I arrived at ten til and was the first person there. I had about a 30 minute interview with a branch manager. I then received and email 3 days later saying I will be contacted for next steps phone interview. We will see how it goes!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time in your professional or personal life that you had to take a stand for something?   1 Answer
    • Talk about a time you did something for a customer that wasn't right   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite and least favorite part about your job   1 Answer
    • Are you a quick learner? Do you need instructions ?   1 Answer
    • How do you track sales at your job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at this company and what are you looking for in a job?   1 Answer
    • Do you work well as a team /independently   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Dayton, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer, we talked for a long time. A lot of questions about my past experience, and questions related to the core values of the bank. She was very thorough in explaining what the job entailed, and took her time with me. I didn't feel rushed or like a cog in the machine at all.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell about a time I demonstrated integrity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied and got an email from the recruiter the next day to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty simple. Asked me about my work experience and explained the positions they were looking for. She then told me I would get a call from the branch by the end of the week to schedule a branch interview with the regional manager. I was told to email if I didn't. I didn't hear anything so I emailed her and the same day they called to schedule an interview a week out. I went early to the interview and met with 2 regional managers. The interview was average they asked me what I did and went through my experience with selling and banking. After the interview I was told I would hear from the recruiter in the beginning of the following week. Tuesday of the following week I received an email stating that they went with another candidate.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. You meet with the Branch Manager of the location you are looking to work at. It's a mix of behavioral and conversational. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Banker licensing was a pretty big part of the interview process, so be prepared to discuss that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Fenton, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I worked with a recruiter who conducted an initial phone interview, outlined job description and set ballpark expectations for salary. Had first interview with branch manager and then final interview with district manager. Took a drug test, then got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an experience with a difficult customer and what specific steps you took to resolve the situation. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

This process was fairly quick. Took about 3 weeks from start to finish. Met with a recruiter and then a regional manager. 3 days after interview I receiver an offer

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Bryan, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Very long and horrible, took forever for them to contact you and get back with you. No one seemed to know what was going on and it just took forever.

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Joliet, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Detailed information on your work history and a break down of your resume from your point of view. I ended up,getting the job and left my old company I was with for 6 years

Interview Questions

• They want to know about your work history and why you would be a good with Fifth Third bank   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long and boring but not bad truthfully

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

2 over the phone, 1 in person. met with the branch manager and had the opportunity to share my sales background. there are many locations in West Michigan and he was from a branch that needed a banker at the time.