Fifth Third Retail Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fifth Third Retail Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was done on the phone. Generic interview questions were asked. I used the STAR method to answer each question successfully. Then moved on to the second interview on phone with HR director; she asked basically the same generic interview questions. I interview well, so I didn't find it challenging. Unfortunately, the pay was too low for me to pursue: I have an MBA and was was more interested in a corporate-level job. I met a recruiter at a job fair, had a great conversation, so I mostly pursued the interview to boost my network.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Tell me a little about yourself. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fifth Third

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Dayton, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Just had the phone interview going to the one on one interview today.talked for about 1 hour asked if I had a problem with a background and drug test then as where I want to work and preferred salary range

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer what did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

I sat with two branch managers while they asked me questions. The day after that one of them called and let me know that the regional manager will be calling me the next week to schedule a time for me to meet with him.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

You go through several interviews. Phone interviews, regional interview and then finally a branch interview. You have to take a simple math test, drug test, background check. Communication was amazing with human resources. Very easy process

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Interview process was simple and quick, I had one phone interview and then met with the Market Manager in the Dayton HQ. The phone interview was approximately 15 minutes and covered my background and why I was interested in the position and the 1:1 interview with the Market Manager was more of a conversation than an Interview. It almost seemed as if I was already offered a job based on the phone interview and this was just so I could meet one of the senior executives.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered 34k base salary, countered with 37500. No negotiation, I countered and they accepted

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

I first was contacted by a recruiter. I had initially applied through the website. I had a brief phone interview and then they asked for a 1:1 interview. The process was very smooth and they were open to any questions I had. They thoroughly explained the position i was applying for and also the general operations of the company. I had a second interview with a manager and a couple days after was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• It was a very conversational type of interview. When i was asked questions they typically were situation. "Tell me a time when...." etc.One question was. "Tell me a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee or customer?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There is an initial phone interview, where the recruiter will ask pregenerated questions asking about your work history, current employment position, and reason for interest in the company. Then there will be an interview with a branch manager, more than likely your future boss, who will ask pretty much the same questions as the recruiter. They will ask situational questions regarding situations dealing with unhappy customers, as well as other issues regarding HR and " coaching up".

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to coach an upper level management team member.   1 Answer

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2013.

Interview

The process starts with a recruiter who will either like or dislike the person. Then they'll meet with the manager and district manager for a face to face interview. Sometimes you will need to go through a panel interview, this depends on the availability of district managers and financial center managers. If they have available time you will go to the panel interview first, then meet with the specific financial center manager and district manager for a more intimate interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are standard HR directed questions. like "Tell me about a group project you were a part of, what was your roll in the project? How did you handle a teammate that wasn't contributing as much as they should have"

The most unexpected question (if you would call it a questions) was the classic. "sell me this pen"
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I was an internal hire so they would not negotiate with me, however, the offer was so low that i almost declined the position. My manager promised me an out of cycle raise if my production warrants it after 6 months. Nothing was ever written down it was just a promise made. I accepted the offer on that condition, hit my numbers and and 6 months to the day of my hire an out of cycle raise was given to me. One of the many reasons I respect the ethical nature of 5/3

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Sarasota, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call, had a phone interview and then Met with several members of management and then was hired.Was a very simple and smooth process, not a lot to talk about or explain.

Interview Questions

• There was not one hard question. I have experience, the process was very smooth and simple. The process was a common approach without any snags. There was not one thing hard about the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it...

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Toledo, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Long drawn 3 interview process. Simple behavioral questions, "tell me a time when...".

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Maybe their glazed faces when asking the questions was out of the ordinary, but nothing to freak about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they have a set amount they will give you based on years of experience banking.