Fifth Third Retail Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fifth Third Retail Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was done on the phone. Generic interview questions were asked. I used the STAR method to answer each question successfully. Then moved on to the second interview on phone with HR director; she asked basically the same generic interview questions. I interview well, so I didn't find it challenging. Unfortunately, the pay was too low for me to pursue: I have an MBA and was was more interested in a corporate-level job. I met a recruiter at a job fair, had a great conversation, so I mostly pursued the interview to boost my network.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Tell me a little about yourself. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fifth Third

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

I sat with two branch managers while they asked me questions. The day after that one of them called and let me know that the regional manager will be calling me the next week to schedule a time for me to meet with him.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Started with HR then to 2 District Managers and finally the Market Manager. The whole process took about 30 days to complete. Salary was discussed when the recruiter first called me.

Interview Questions

• AS this was a sales job most of the questions were about my previous sales experience. Also some personality questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Very easy. HR rep for 1st, 2nd meeting with managers, 3rd interview with Regional manager,

Asked very basic questions to your strength and weaknesses.

If you prepare for an interview, you will do fine.

Decently quick process.

HR reps were very helpful.

Interview Questions

• basic interviewer questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Dayton, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Just had the phone interview going to the one on one interview today.talked for about 1 hour asked if I had a problem with a background and drug test then as where I want to work and preferred salary range

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer what did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cleveland, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Apply online, submit documents, Phone interview, branch interview. Overall process was ok but they require you to open a checking account and saving account during the training classes. They also try to get you to open credit cards.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Sarasota, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call, had a phone interview and then Met with several members of management and then was hired.Was a very simple and smooth process, not a lot to talk about or explain.

Interview Questions

• There was not one hard question. I have experience, the process was very smooth and simple. The process was a common approach without any snags. There was not one thing hard about the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it...

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2013.

Interview

The process starts with a recruiter who will either like or dislike the person. Then they'll meet with the manager and district manager for a face to face interview. Sometimes you will need to go through a panel interview, this depends on the availability of district managers and financial center managers. If they have available time you will go to the panel interview first, then meet with the specific financial center manager and district manager for a more intimate interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are standard HR directed questions. like "Tell me about a group project you were a part of, what was your roll in the project? How did you handle a teammate that wasn't contributing as much as they should have"

The most unexpected question (if you would call it a questions) was the classic. "sell me this pen"
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I was an internal hire so they would not negotiate with me, however, the offer was so low that i almost declined the position. My manager promised me an out of cycle raise if my production warrants it after 6 months. Nothing was ever written down it was just a promise made. I accepted the offer on that condition, hit my numbers and and 6 months to the day of my hire an out of cycle raise was given to me. One of the many reasons I respect the ethical nature of 5/3

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

You go through several interviews. Phone interviews, regional interview and then finally a branch interview. You have to take a simple math test, drug test, background check. Communication was amazing with human resources. Very easy process

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Toledo, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Long drawn 3 interview process. Simple behavioral questions, "tell me a time when...".

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Maybe their glazed faces when asking the questions was out of the ordinary, but nothing to freak about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they have a set amount they will give you based on years of experience banking.