Fig & Olive Restaurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fig & Olive Restaurant

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fig & Olive Restaurant (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a Phone interview from HR first, basic personality questions such as what are my strengths and weaknesses how I would react to certain situations etc. I got called in for an in person interview after with my prospective team members and I was given a design project to complete to test out my abilities.

Interview Questions

• How I would creatively solve a problem, what would my approach be.   Answer Question

Coorporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fig & Olive Restaurant (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a phone call inviting me for an interview the following day. I was interviewed by two different people on that day. Standard interview questions were asked and an explanation of the role was given. I received a call the day after asking me to come in for a second interview with the VP. That was very interesting. My wait time was longer than the actual "interview". He literally sat with me for five minutes, asked me two questions, stood up, shook my hand and said he will talk to the others and get back to me.
    No word from anyone and then two days later I notice the ad posted on job sites again. Very disappointed in the way that was handled. What is so difficult about taking the time to let the candidate know they did not get the job?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about a moment you helped someone.
      Tell me about a moment you were faced with a difficult situation.
      Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fig & Olive Restaurant (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Took about 5 minutes to get hired. One interview was with two people that obviously didn't know what they're doing. They sent me to a table to talk to the regional manager who took a look at my resume, asked me a couple questions then said "I guess we'll take a chance on you, be here at 10AM tomorrow" without asking if I was available.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just asked if I had experience in high volume and micros.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I showed up the next day to a very unfriendly face, the administrative personnel, who asked for my passport which I didn't have because no one told me to bring it. Very unwelcoming.