Financial Services of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Financial Services of America Interview Questions

Interviews at Financial Services of America

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Financial Services of America (Warren, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Richard James, the CEO, will run the interview. He will sell himself to you, talk up his company, and hope you hope to come back. You'll be invited back, because they hire anyone and everyone. Although, you probably wont be there long. Don't worry about the interview, chances are you are more intelligent than Richard, especially if you don't take the offer. He will also promise you stock options, if the company ever went public, that will never happen because quite frankly, its impossible for him to do so.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Services of America (Warren, MI).

Interview

Its not difficult to obtain an interview with this organization. When you arrive for your initial interview, you'll take a quick personality test which you'll "pass" if you have any semblance of a personality. You'll sit in front of the founder while he quickly looks over your answers and when finished, he'll begin speaking. Keep in mind, he is a "Master Mind" as described by Napolean Hill. All you'll do is sit and listen and you'll then be "sold". You'll most certainly want to work for this company as he is a master of sales. The HR director will give you some materials to study and rehearse before your next meeting. You'll also be given a list of 10 questions to answer in written form that you bring back with you to the following interview. Upon your next meeting you'll give your "presentation" to the HR director who assumes the role of the "client". If you've done any kind of prep work, you're most likely to succeed and be invited to join the company within a few days.

Interview Questions

• I would suggest asking your own questions during the "Q&A" phase of your interview. The questions you are asked aren't particularly difficult and you won't glean much information about the position from them. Instead, I recommend you focus on how the compensation programs work in detail. Specifically, you should inquire about the "draw" option and the stipulations that come with it. Of course if you are bringing your own clients with you, don't worry about asking questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, you're in or you're out.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Services of America (Warren, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

First visit is the taking of personality test and then a 15 minute interview with Founder. Second visit is a 15 minute interview with HR Director and you are giving the Benefits Guide book and audio CDs with the client lead presentation template for you to practice and prepare for third visit. Third visit is with HR Director where you do the presentation to the HR Director as directed on the CD while he plays a difficult lead. If the Founder and HR Director are satisfied you are offered a position as an Account Executive.

Interview Questions

• This is difficult to describe since the interview process was all role playing as if you were with a potential client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations since this is a commission position with a salary draw.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Financial Services of America.

Interview

Unexpected first interview was with CEO. Very motivating experience

Interview Questions

• Second interview was having to perform a sales presentation in a role-playing environment to the Sr Exec V.P. (Kind of nerve racking) as hiring decision was based on how well I performed the presentation   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was based on my industry experience and on how well I performed the presentation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Financial Services of America (Warren, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

There is a multiple step hiring process, with the first being with someone in human resources. You will be given a typing test to demonstrate your keyboarding skills. It is a professional environment, so common sense should tell you to look sharp and dress professionally. If you are called back for a second interview, it will be most likely with a department head and to make an employment offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your weakest trait and how do you excel in spite of it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was simple and straight forward with a job offer and salary and then a start date.

Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Financial Services of America (Warren, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

three step and it was hard

Interview Questions

Negotiation

great

Senior Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Services of America (Warren, MI) in July 2009.

Interview

THis could use some improving. Need to screen better for the right personality

Negotiation

Easy...commision based position

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Financial Services of America (Warren, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

Misleading ad to begin with for management. Brief initial interview. Given a CD and info to memorize to give a presentation. Told that I would get leads. Instead you are required to drive 100+ miles to deliver bogus benefit guides to try to get insurance business which they hope will lead to financial services. Probably 1 in 100 are successful. If you are not you must pay back the draw of $500 per week that you are allowed for 8 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None really

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Services of America (Warren, MI).

Interview

Great experience. Very detailed as to how the day to day will be while working here. Very much an open door policy. A positive working environment which seems to be set by the CEO. Allows room for personal and professional growth. A great company with high ethical and moral standards.

Interview Questions

• I had to do a sales presentation as a part of my interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Financial Services of America (Warren, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Met with the founder. A very interesting, smart man. He's at the top of his field. He's way a head of many bigger houses on customer leads. Has a great system. Liked his attitude.