FinancialForce Mid Market Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FinancialForce

3.5

Mid Market Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, phone interview with vp, 4-5 hour in person interview with multiple people. Flew to SFO in for in person interview. Travel Expenses covered 100% by candidate and then reimbursed - in my case 3 weeks after interview. It took a number of rounds of emails to finally get expenses paid.

Interview schedule allowed 30min for lunch which was barely enough time to run across the street to subway - was not offered to have lunch with hiring manager or any other member of organization. Thought that was a little odd given the role and expense of flying someone in.

Seemed as though they want sales candidates to follow their prescriptive process without thought. Have to do it their way even if your experience and style is successful. Felt like they were looking for sales robots. Got more of an "oracle type" sales culture feel overall but didn't get that impression until I was onsite.

Whole process took about 70 days from start to finish.

Interview Questions

FinancialForce Response

Aug 7, 2017 – SVP HR

Thank you for your frank and direct feedback regarding your interview experience with us. Let me begin by apologizing for this experience. I feel strongly that a candidate's experience, as they consider FinancialForce as a potential employer should be differentiated, engaging and smooth.
We will review your input and continue to improve - please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is any other feedback or input you would like to provide

Other Interview Reviews for FinancialForce

Mid Market Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FinancialForce in May 2016.

Interview

First Round was with HR and standard questions, very professional. No problem

Second Round was with Manager and very frustrating. He answered my questions with a question. Example: Me: Which vertical is most successful in the mid-market? "Well, you did your research what do you think?" He asked me for value prop on their product and what was the last podcast I listened to. I don't listen to podcasts. When I called to follow up on next steps he told me that I did not make the cut.
    Reason: Value prop was a little shaky and I don't have enough contacts on my Linkedin. Got the definite impression that AGE was a factor. I always overachieved my quotas and had the W-2s to prove it. He was more concerned with window dressing and not what an older female sales executive could bring to the table. Interesting side note: we shared a connection, he couldn't tell me much about him and obviously did not know him. Oh, and he cut and pasted his summary from FFs website. Really impressive!

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself progressive with technology both professionally and personally?
      Another reason why I think age was a factor!   1 Answer

FinancialForce Response

Aug 7, 2017 – SVP HR

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your interview experience with us. Although I acknowledge that I am very disappointed that you had this experience we always appreciate constructive and direct feedback so we can improve and have an impact on the candidate experience which i believe is very, very important. We will take this feedback and work to continuously improve and I am sorry you feel your experience was sub par, certainly not what we want or expect. Please feel free to contact me directly with any other feedback.