Finisar Product Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Finisar Product Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finisar (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Called by the Recruiter then Hiring Manager. Arrange On-site interview a week after. The whole process took 10 days. The interview process was standard. 5-6 rounds with each round about 30 min with directors, hiring managers and potential team members. In general the interview was easy. Mainly the questions are based on the resume. Some behavior questions were also asked but most questions were technical. Friendly comparing to other Silicon Valley companies. Good communication and clearly clarified the duties of the position. Showed the benefit details in the interview section.

After interview, recruiter asked reference and background check information. Then no message after one and a half months. I called recruiter and was told that the hiring manager had not made a decision. Then was told that they had someone else.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your most difficult project you have been in? Why and what did you do?

2. How to test high a high speed transceiver?

3. About high speed laser and modulation.

4. SPC related.

5. Testing automation, including coding and setup equipment.

6. What is the best/low cost way to align two beam to each other?

Other Interview Reviews for Finisar

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Finisar (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Mostly ask about your thesis and past optical experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

difficult to negotiate the price.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipoh (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finisar (Ipoh (Malaysia)) in August 2013.

Interview

Written eliminative rounds :First round consists of basic optics and electronics questions .
    Next round has questions based on mechanical and thermal conductivity related questions and a few software based question.

Interview Questions

• The questions are kind of easy.If u solve with acuuracy and speed ,u can easily clear through.
      I did not find any question very challenging. There is no pre-prep required for writen round.It is mostly basic 12th standard questions.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

It consisted of one interview round.There were questions mostly from my cv.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finisar (Tiruchirappalli (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

It started with a presentation, post which there was a written test including electronics, few material science, simple coding based questions.Each round was eliminative. After final shortlist, i has an interview,there can 1-3 people in the panel. It was pretty easy including basic concepts of electronics. I also asked a lot of questions myself. They even checked my AIEEE rank and that could as well be a criteria for filtering. CGPA was also taken into consideration during final screening.

Interview Questions

• I-V curve of diode, More from projects   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finisar (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Written + Technical Interview

Negotiation

Accommodation + Transport + Bonus

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minglanilla (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finisar (Minglanilla (Philippines)) in March 2012.

Interview

First there will be an exam. The type of exam will depend on your skills or job scope.
    The Job scopes offered that time was product engineering, test development engineering, and test maintenance engineering.
    Then if you pass the exam you will be called for a one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. The interviewer will draw a basic electronic circuit starting from the source and he/she will add electronic component into it and you need to identify each component until a complete circuit is formed. Once the circuit is drawn you need to draw the response of that circuit and explain.
      2. Basics physics of optics.
      3. About yourself.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finisar (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

Written & Technical Interview