Finish Line Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finish Line in May 2016.

Interview

I had one in person interview, and a follow up interview with the district manager over the phone. Both were very laid back and easy. I was offered a promotion before I had my second interview, from assistant manager to manager in training. The interviewer enjoyed talking about himself and was big on customer service.

Interview Questions

• tell me about what your job was at your previous location   Answer Question

I was offered an assistant manager position for 10.25 an hour, at first I accepted then became on the fence. Next I was offered 13 on the phone from the district manager, and then 12 at the following in person follow up with the store manager. After taking some time to think about it, I didn't think the pay was worth the amount of work and pressure for sales.

Other Interview Reviews for Finish Line

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Finish Line (Wheaton, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Just questions that are typical sales questions also asking about who I was what's my sales background. Why would I Like to work at finish line. They also ask me why did I leave my last position.

Interview Questions

• What make a good sales person   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very interesting we actually interview in the mall food court

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Wichita, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

Couple phone interviews pretty normal questions just sound interested and not cocky and you should be fine nothing to diffacult just asked about prior situations and how you handled them

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

Applied online and got a call 3 days later. The phone call was a first step interview with questions like "What are your goals in Life?" and "What was your greatest success at a workplace?". I came in the next day for an interview, and she asked me the same basic stuff along with questions like "How would you lead your co-workers to work for you?" and "Where do you see yourself in 5, and 10 years?" She told me at that I had to have an interview with the other location store manager ( I don't remember what her title was) so she said they would call me with a time. 2 days later they called me and scheduled an interview for the next day. I went in and she asked the most questions about leadership, and experience, and your biggest strengths and weaknesses, also your 3 biggest priorities in life and with this company. 6 days later they called me and offered me the position, but i still had to have a short phone call with the district manager on protocol and things of that nature. I went to pick up a drug test form, and took the drug test. They also check your references! Make sure to have good ones. Things are easy if you always say customer comes first, and above and beyond. Ask tons of questions, they really like that.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 biggest priorities in life and this company?
      What is your number one goal to achieve with customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate unless you have experience. It's a take it or leave it situation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

Simple and very straight forward. Basic questions such as what are your goals in life and what value do you plan to bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• "what are your three greatest strengths and three greatest weakness"   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate salary if you have appropriate experience.

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line (Benton Harbor, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

easy process, basic sales questions.
    questions like good communications skills
    if i knew more than one language
    if i attended college
    liability
    different scenarios of how to make sales
    knowledge of using register
    good with dealing with money

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Application
    Personality Test
    Call for Interveiw
    Interview with Store Manager where applied
    Interview with Market Leader or another Store Manager in District

Interview Questions

• They are mostly Sales and Customer Service Questions.
      Tell me about a time when where you gave great Customer Service...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Denver, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

I have been in Management for over 15 years and interviewed for this position as a last resort. I knew going into it I was WAY over qualified but had no idea until I actually got there. I was interviewed by the assistant manager who had no idea what he was doing. He asked me the same question through the 15 minute process and even complained about customer situations. He had no idea how they came up with goals other than "They come from the computer but I dont what its called, We mainly let the manager handle that" WOW!!! Im sure for a beginning job in retail this might be okay but I was SO turned off by his lack of knowledge and enthusiasm for his own job!! Why do you want to work here versus Champs"

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

It was ok- the manager asked some basic questions anyone would expect to hear

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You basically cannot negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finish Line (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2009.

Interview

I found the job through a recruiter. Bad idea. It ends up that the recruiter never had a contract from Finish Line. The recruiter was just "hoping" that FL would hire me and give him money. Well, they wanted to save money so I did not get hired. I'll never know if I could have been hired if I had gone straight to the company's HR department. So, be careful using a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of any that were too hard to answer.   1 Answer