Finish Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.5

Creative Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finish Line (Boulder, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email by HR to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview with HR I was contacted via email to set up an interview with the hiring manager. After this interview I was contacted about the unsuccessful interview.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned about Finish Line during the interview process?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

The initial phone interview lasted only 30 minutes. It was abbreviated because the interviewers were trying to screen 4 candidates in 2 hours and make a decision. The phone interview included a panel of their IT management. Part 1 was an overview of their project. Part 2 was my response about how I've run similar and larger projects. Part 3 was a behavioral/situational set of questions. The interview ended promptly at the 27-minute mark, with only 2-3 minutes for questions back to the panel.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral/Situational - When X happened, how did you respond? What was the result?   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finish Line in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was inside the mall right outside of the store. Spoke with I'm guessing the assistant manager and the Store manager after. Lasted about 45 mins. They were both nice and very friendly, made me feel comfortable. Said i should hear something within 24-48 hrs. So hopefully i hear back something today.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finish Line in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website and was contacted shortly by a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with me. Very positive experience, seems like a great company to work for.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finish Line (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

A job description is a list that a person might use for general tasks, or functions, and responsibilities of a position. It may often include to whom the position reports, specifications such as the qualifications or skills needed by the person in the job, and a salary range. Job descriptions are usually narrative,[1] but some may instead comprise a simple list of competencies; for instance, strategic human resource planning methodologies may be used to develop a competency architecture for an organization, from which job descriptions are built as a shortlist of competencies.

Interview Questions

• I am not interested in this part   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

very smooth; all interviewers were polite/friendly facilities are very nice, employees I passed seemed quite friendly, far east side of town seems a little rough, did not get as technical as I expected. overall seems like it'd be a great place to work

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

DM reached out bc he saw my resume. 2 in person interviews. Very unorganized and in the food court, he barely made eye contact. Seems pre occupied. Maybe already had a candidate in mind.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

Never did receive an interview, but was contacted by a district manager. I had submitted my resume on a career site and was contacted via email. He told me I was the type of candidate they were looking for and wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager, but first I had to fill out the online application. So I spent about an hour filling out the application and emailed him back. He responded someone should contact me on Monday or Tuesday. No one contacted me so I emailed again. He apologized and said someone would definitely contact me next week. No one ever contacted me! Completely Unprofessional!

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Finish Line in November 2015.

Interview

The Co Manager seems to have been pleased with the answers given for the interview. I was told I will be notified by the DM within a few days. I am still awaiting an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of strategies are used to motivate your team?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finish Line (Anaheim, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later to go in for an interview. It was a group interview. There were three of us interviewing. The manager took us to the back of the stock room. She seemed cool. It wasn't intimidating at all. The interview was about a half hour long, not too bad, and said she would talk to her team and let one of us know within a week if we got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What separates good customer service and excellent customer service?   1 Answer
    • Why Finish Line?   1 Answer
    • What do you like about selling?   Answer Question