Finish Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Finish Line Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finish Line in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website and was contacted shortly by a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with me. Very positive experience, seems like a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Finish Line (New York, NY).

Interview

Very easy and not really personal. They don't care too much about the quality of employee they hire as long as they have bodies. If you get an interview you pretty much get the job.

Manager Interview

Interview

I had already worked there for several years so I knew the ins and outs of the company. The interview process was simple. Met with the store manager and dm to make sure I was the right fit for the location I was placed at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Finish Line (Monterey, CA).

Interview

Interview was quick abd painless. Ygey asked rout ::) ine questions. The manager seemed very robotic didnt smile and barely made eye contact not a friendly person but wS polite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Rockaway, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online to the new location at Rockaway Mall in New Jersey and got a call back a few days later asking me to come in for an interview. This was back in November at the time when the new store at that location was being opened. I came in and had an interview with the hiring manager who was really open and nice. She asked me a lot of typical interview questions such as what my greatest strengths and weaknesses were. She also asked me what my greatest accomplishment was. I gave my best answers and she nodded. It was a really easy-going conversation. She told me I would hear back in a week. A week passed and I didn't hear anything back. I then called to follow up and express my interest and she apologized and said she needed a few more days to decide. Still nothing. When I went to the mall again, I saw that the location was opened and that a few associates were already working there. I guess I got my answer. I also happened to see another candidate get interviewed weeks later as I was passing by to another store one day. Experiences like this really make me question which hiring managers I can trust and if I can ever trust them again. They also diminish my self-confidence.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

I applied for the position online and was called for an interview the following day, at the end of that interview I was filling out my W2 form and that was it I had a new job. It helped that I had a previous background in the field of work and knew the position I was applying for!

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Downey, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call 3 days after applying. The interview was 1 hour long and one on one, outside in the food court with the manager. No drug test. They do check references because I got a call 2 days later from the manager asking for a different reference because that reference wasn't available. The manager called me back a few hours after speaking to my reference to offer me the position.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finish Line (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

A job description is a list that a person might use for general tasks, or functions, and responsibilities of a position. It may often include to whom the position reports, specifications such as the qualifications or skills needed by the person in the job, and a salary range. Job descriptions are usually narrative,[1] but some may instead comprise a simple list of competencies; for instance, strategic human resource planning methodologies may be used to develop a competency architecture for an organization, from which job descriptions are built as a shortlist of competencies.

Interview Questions

• I am not interested in this part   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Finish Line (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a quick hiring process, i went to drop off my resume after i applied online and the manager asked me about eight questions and on the spot told me i was hired,

Interview Questions

• If you're dealing with one customer and another customer approaches you, would do you do?   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

very smooth; all interviewers were polite/friendly facilities are very nice, employees I passed seemed quite friendly, far east side of town seems a little rough, did not get as technical as I expected. overall seems like it'd be a great place to work