Finish Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.1

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Was fairly quick, only had to wait for a limited amount of time before being interviewed and hired. The interviewer was polite and straight forward in his approach. Tried accommodating to my need's concerning transportation and my schedule because of transportation problem's getting to and from the company.

Interview Questions

• Some of the question's: Was I wanting to make it a permanent place of employment? What were my intention's? What did I have to offer the company? What type of experience did I have that would make me a added value to the company?   1 Answer

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

Interview

Online application, you will receive an email with details on time and date of open interviews. you will be in a room full of about 30-40 people. Finish line is in a very low income neighborhood. Dress for success and if they are hiring then you will get the job. speak with clarity and with intelligence.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for finish line?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Lafayette, LA).

Interview

you have to pass an online screening, then a phone interview, then a face to face interview. it was fairly easy. nothing to hard. most people are one on one interviews mine however was a group interview. i guess it depends on the managers.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line (Plymouth Meeting, PA).

Interview

I filled out an application online. I had a friend who worked at the store, so she gave me a great reference. It is very helpful if you know someone at the stores. Within 2 weeks I was contacted by the store manager himself for an interview. The interview was very informal and took place in the mall where the store was located.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finish Line (Anaheim, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later to go in for an interview. It was a group interview. There were three of us interviewing. The manager took us to the back of the stock room. She seemed cool. It wasn't intimidating at all. The interview was about a half hour long, not too bad, and said she would talk to her team and let one of us know within a week if we got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What separates good customer service and excellent customer service?   1 Answer
    • Why Finish Line?   1 Answer
    • What do you like about selling?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to set up an interview, interviewed in person a few days later, after that was called to be offered the position. There is 1-2 weeks of video onboarding before you hit the sales floor.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Wichita, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

Couple phone interviews pretty normal questions just sound interested and not cocky and you should be fine nothing to diffacult just asked about prior situations and how you handled them

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Buford, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met the Dm at the store and we walked to food court and talked for an hour. Very pleasant. He is the type of Dm I would enjoy working for.

Interview Questions

• Prior management experience. I told him about ideas. Prior concerns   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Yonkers, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I just answered the questions to my best ability. When I got the interview on the exact same day I was happy about it because it was out of no where and wasn't prepared but I kept my head held high and went with the flow and did what I had to do and I ended up nailing the interview and getting the job as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why did I want to work for finish line.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It was very brief, and was pretty straight forward. Make sure you just answer the questions to the best of your ability and be relaxed. Also be yourself because working at finishline isn't the hardest job. They preferably would like you to have at least some Customer Service or Sales skills even if it was from a previous volunteer job. My first interview was with an Assistant Manager and the second one was with the head manager of the store.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? What is the difference between good customer service and excellent customer service?   Answer Question