Finish Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Finish Line Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

Asked quick questions about why I wanted to work there and why I think I would excel at a selling position. They asked what hours I would be available and if I was willing to work holidays.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I enjoyed athletic footwear, and what made me drawn to work at Finishline. What my strengths and weaknesses were   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

Applied online, e-mailed me for interview, had a group interview. Don't remember if there was another round, but after a week, I received the news that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Asks about why this would be a good fit for you, what characteristics you have that can transfer in helping with the daily acitvities of the job.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

I waited only about a week and I was called for a one on one interview with the manager. The interview was mainly about seeing if I know how to deal with people well and if had the high energy they were seeking to attract customers.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in and was angry that they couldn't get a refund and refuses to leave until they do, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy going and was not stressful at all. I was interviewed by the supervisor as well as a member of his team. They were very nice and laid back. They love their jobs and enjoy their overall experience with Finish Line.

Interview Questions

• Projects, past work experience, what you did in your past work experience, school, and hobbies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Tampa, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I did a quick 15-20 min phone interview, then an interview with a store manager in my city, since the position I applied for would be 4 hours away. Then proceeded with an interview with my future boss, and followed up with a final interview with the District Manager. The whole process was very quick, about a week and a half in total.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to take leadership role when you were not necessarily in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I Interviewed with two store managers at a finish line location in the food court.. I was asked questions basically about my leadership skills and previous experience as a manager. I was offered the job the next day. The rest of the hiring process which included a drug screen then background check that took 2-3 weeks to clear.

Interview Questions

• What is your style of management?
      What would you do in this situation or what would you do in that situation?
      Tell of a time of what you did when you had an employee that did not do as you asked or complete an assignment.
      What do you do or have your staff do when traffic coming into the store is slow.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Finish Line in November 2015.

Interview

The Co Manager seems to have been pleased with the answers given for the interview. I was told I will be notified by the DM within a few days. I am still awaiting an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of strategies are used to motivate your team?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Boardman, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Online application . Called me for a phone interview then asked to set up an interview one on one few days later. Talked about why I wanted to work there and how did I hear about them. Also asked my availability .

Interview Questions

• What were my goals? Values and beliefs? Strengths and weaknesses. Favorite shoe? Greatest accomplishment ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I was recruited. The typical process is applying via the website then contacting the store manager after you have completed the application . They then review the application and set up an interview. If you fail the personality/skills assessment they cannot hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer and what did you learn for that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview and the manager asked that I came at a specific time. I came 15 minutes earlier than he asked. The overall interview was easy and fun. The manager and I started to talk about who I was as a person and what I do now and activities I am currently involved in. It is a easy interview if you know what and how to answer the questions they ask.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?   1 Answer
    • what is the difference between good service and excellent service?   1 Answer