Finish Line Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Finish Line Manager In Training Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.1

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finish Line in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was inside the mall right outside of the store. Spoke with I'm guessing the assistant manager and the Store manager after. Lasted about 45 mins. They were both nice and very friendly, made me feel comfortable. Said i should hear something within 24-48 hrs. So hopefully i hear back something today.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Finish Line

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Tampa, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I did a quick 15-20 min phone interview, then an interview with a store manager in my city, since the position I applied for would be 4 hours away. Then proceeded with an interview with my future boss, and followed up with a final interview with the District Manager. The whole process was very quick, about a week and a half in total.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to take leadership role when you were not necessarily in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I Interviewed with two store managers at a finish line location in the food court.. I was asked questions basically about my leadership skills and previous experience as a manager. I was offered the job the next day. The rest of the hiring process which included a drug screen then background check that took 2-3 weeks to clear.

Interview Questions

• What is your style of management?
      What would you do in this situation or what would you do in that situation?
      Tell of a time of what you did when you had an employee that did not do as you asked or complete an assignment.
      What do you do or have your staff do when traffic coming into the store is slow.
      Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Finish Line in November 2015.

Interview

The Co Manager seems to have been pleased with the answers given for the interview. I was told I will be notified by the DM within a few days. I am still awaiting an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of strategies are used to motivate your team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I was recruited. The typical process is applying via the website then contacting the store manager after you have completed the application . They then review the application and set up an interview. If you fail the personality/skills assessment they cannot hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer and what did you learn for that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line (Fredericksburg, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

my store manger is so chill and relaxed, just asked questions about old job and what i did. Was very easy because I knew i was good at what i did. Kept it honest and left no open ended questions

Interview Questions

• really didnt have any difficult questions. Maybe how can your skills translate to this company, but even that wasn't to difficult just be honest and know your skills and weaknesses but dont mention them lol   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

- 3 Strengths, 3 Weaknesses
    - Why should i hire you?
    - What motivates you
    - Why do you want to work for finish line?
    - What do you like most/least about your current job?
    - Greatest success you've had on a team?

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

Very casual, informal.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any. Your standard "why are you applying, why Finishline, strengths/weaknesses". Just use your standard answers, it doesn't matter. If you can talk about basketball you're in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was told $8.50, bottom line. I can't believe sales kids get $5 an hour. Ridiculous.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line in May 2012.

Interview

3 interviews with different managers including the district sales manager none taking very long but thorough. All three interviews seemed very transparent on the duties of the job and sold the company very well.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line (Louisville, KY) in April 2012.

Interview

Started with a quick phone screening. After that you sit down with the store manager you submitted the application to. If the manager sees you fitting in with the company then you interview with the district manager. After that it is his decision.

Interview Questions

• Give me a example of when you worked with a team to accomplish a common goal? What was your role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had a solid offer that I couldn't budge on.