Finish Line Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.0

111 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finish Line (Columbus, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the store manager and scheduled an interview. Everything was very low key and basic. The whole interview only took about 15 minutes. We were in a location in Macy's and we sat and talked on a couch in the furniture section.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Finish Line

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

It was one interview, very easy and typical of a retail job interview setting. It was a one on one interview where they asked a lot of questions that mainly had to do with getting to know the person in a quick 20-30 minutes interview session.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy in my opinion and the MIT that was interviewing me basically told me I got the job right then and there. He told me to go ahead and get a deposit slip from my bank and also to download this app that they use to get their pay stubs and request days off. I felt really good after the interview :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to juggle multiple things at one time and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Finish Line (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had to go in for a follow up on the application process and request an interview. Quick and easy interview in the sitting area at the mall. It took about 3 weeks for a call back.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

They pull you aside in the mall and ask standard questions about yourself. Overall, the process is pretty simple and straightforward. Just be yourself and communicate that your comfortable greeting people into the store. This company really communicates team work and put the customer first. The general manager also asks questions like: Explain yourself? How would you deal with an unhappy customer? How would you handle, multiple customers asking your help?

Interview Questions

• Explain yourself?
      How would you deal with an unhappy customer?
      How would you handle, multiple customers asking your help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Finish Line (New York, NY).

Interview

Very easy and not really personal. They don't care too much about the quality of employee they hire as long as they have bodies. If you get an interview you pretty much get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Finish Line (Monterey, CA).

Interview

Interview was quick abd painless. Ygey asked rout ::) ine questions. The manager seemed very robotic didnt smile and barely made eye contact not a friendly person but wS polite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Rockaway, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online to the new location at Rockaway Mall in New Jersey and got a call back a few days later asking me to come in for an interview. This was back in November at the time when the new store at that location was being opened. I came in and had an interview with the hiring manager who was really open and nice. She asked me a lot of typical interview questions such as what my greatest strengths and weaknesses were. She also asked me what my greatest accomplishment was. I gave my best answers and she nodded. It was a really easy-going conversation. She told me I would hear back in a week. A week passed and I didn't hear anything back. I then called to follow up and express my interest and she apologized and said she needed a few more days to decide. Still nothing. When I went to the mall again, I saw that the location was opened and that a few associates were already working there. I guess I got my answer. I also happened to see another candidate get interviewed weeks later as I was passing by to another store one day. Experiences like this really make me question which hiring managers I can trust and if I can ever trust them again. They also diminish my self-confidence.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

I applied for the position online and was called for an interview the following day, at the end of that interview I was filling out my W2 form and that was it I had a new job. It helped that I had a previous background in the field of work and knew the position I was applying for!

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Downey, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call 3 days after applying. The interview was 1 hour long and one on one, outside in the food court with the manager. No drug test. They do check references because I got a call 2 days later from the manager asking for a different reference because that reference wasn't available. The manager called me back a few hours after speaking to my reference to offer me the position.