Finish Line Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2018

2.0

128 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Holyoke, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Easy out going open ended questions, I went through everything pretty easy and I finally got the job. The interviewer was very outgoing and it was pretty much like a normal conversation rather than an interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Finish Line

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Baltimore, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick & Easy, You apply online, they call, you have an interview with the managers. All of them must "ok" you. They ask very general questions, if you are agreed on by all managers you will be called and offered the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick and easy interview with the general manager of the store. Very casual, done sitting in the store on the sales floor during slow hours. Asked basic retail questions, but experience wasn't a big deal.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Bloomington, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Very basic interview questions. Looking to get to know how you deal with people and how you deal with stressful environments. There is a phone interview before the actual in person interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Finish Line in March 2013.

Interview

35 minute conversation wherein which I was face to face with the hiring manager and he inquired about my ability to work on a team, time manage, set personal and professional goals, display resilience, exude positive energy in stressful times when deadlines are causing pressure on individuals, and the ability to manage people during necessary times of collaboration.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line (Bowling Green, KY).

Interview

Very informal but still professional. In the mall, sit down style at a small table very personal and one on one type feel. After applying, phone screen is conducted with very basic questions. Then an interview is conducted. They make the hiring decision within 10 days.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

It depends on the manager but it's pretty casual. Interviewers asks about experience and a few situational questions. They are mainly looking for retail experience, some sneaker knowledge and individuals who are high energy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Finish Line (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a quick hiring process, i went to drop off my resume after i applied online and the manager asked me about eight questions and on the spot told me i was hired,

Interview Questions

• If you're dealing with one customer and another customer approaches you, would do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Rockaway, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online to the new location at Rockaway Mall in New Jersey and got a call back a few days later asking me to come in for an interview. This was back in November at the time when the new store at that location was being opened. I came in and had an interview with the hiring manager who was really open and nice. She asked me a lot of typical interview questions such as what my greatest strengths and weaknesses were. She also asked me what my greatest accomplishment was. I gave my best answers and she nodded. It was a really easy-going conversation. She told me I would hear back in a week. A week passed and I didn't hear anything back. I then called to follow up and express my interest and she apologized and said she needed a few more days to decide. Still nothing. When I went to the mall again, I saw that the location was opened and that a few associates were already working there. I guess I got my answer. I also happened to see another candidate get interviewed weeks later as I was passing by to another store one day. Experiences like this really make me question which hiring managers I can trust and if I can ever trust them again. They also diminish my self-confidence.

Anonymous Employee in Albertville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finish Line (Albertville, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

I inquired in the store whether or not they were hiring, and once I was told that they were, I applied online. Following my submission of my application, I called the store to follow up on my application progress. They told me they would call me within the next few days. They did, and conducted a short over the phone interview. Once I passed that, I scheduled my in store interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst customer service you have ever received and why?   1 Answer