Finish Line Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Finish Line (Rockaway, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online to the new location at Rockaway Mall in New Jersey and got a call back a few days later asking me to come in for an interview. This was back in November at the time when the new store at that location was being opened. I came in and had an interview with the hiring manager who was really open and nice. She asked me a lot of typical interview questions such as what my greatest strengths and weaknesses were. She also asked me what my greatest accomplishment was. I gave my best answers and she nodded. It was a really easy-going conversation. She told me I would hear back in a week. A week passed and I didn't hear anything back. I then called to follow up and express my interest and she apologized and said she needed a few more days to decide. Still nothing. When I went to the mall again, I saw that the location was opened and that a few associates were already working there. I guess I got my answer. I also happened to see another candidate get interviewed weeks later as I was passing by to another store one day. Experiences like this really make me question which hiring managers I can trust and if I can ever trust them again. They also diminish my self-confidence.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Finish Line

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Finish Line (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a quick hiring process, i went to drop off my resume after i applied online and the manager asked me about eight questions and on the spot told me i was hired,

Interview Questions

• If you're dealing with one customer and another customer approaches you, would do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

I arrived fifteen minutes before interview time and I had to wait a while on management because they were running late. The interview was less than ten minutes long and took place right outside the store. This was one of the most unprofessional interviews that I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• They asked personal questions I guess they wanted to know what type of person you were if you had good morals and such   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Beavercreek, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I put in my application, then she called me the next day for an interview 2 days later. My interview went really well or so I thought, until one of the managers was my bestfriends ex boyfriend. So I didn't receive the position, which I think was really biased.

Interview Questions

• What type of shoes I'm into and what was the last pair of shoes I bought.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finish Line (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview with about 6 different people. This isn't very good cause often times people talk over you and you can never get a word in so it seems like you're not contributing but you just cant get a word out. The manager that was conducting the interview was very nice and professional, and the store was clean. But we went to the food court for the group interview which was a little unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would bring to the table as a sales associate for Finish Line?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview

Process was very unorganized. Was told to com in for a interview, but upon my arrival the manager was not there. A sales associate had to do the interview. Very suprising and disheartening because I really wanted this job.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very easy, not a thing to worry about. Basically filled out the online application, and received a phone in literally two days. I was then scheduled an interview within the next week. Did it right in the middle of the mall, with the manager of the store, and the manager on duty.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Finish Line in January 2014.

Interview

The initial process is done online and remains true for the majority of retail chain sneaker stores as they usually do not accept in person solicitations and will only redirect you online, with the exception of a few I wont name. It is important to pass the online personality test to receive a call back, it's easy stuff if you answer according to what type of employee the company is looking for. Take little to no consideration of your actual personality and get your foot in the door, Assuming you actually like sales. As far as the interview goes expect the standard questions, availability and a few sales related others. Also don't forget the silly yet most important " Can you sell me this pen?"

"Tell me about yourself"
    Why Finish Line"
    Past employer and friends opinion on yourself. ex. if I was to ask one of your family members about you what is the first thing they would say. etc.
    "Favorite and least favorite parts of most recent job"
    "Job debrief" followed by "Do you have any further questions"

Interview Questions

• There was a couple of questions I was not prepared for and were introduced as silly questions used to understand the potential employee on a more personal level. They were as follows:
      "What is your favorite animal and why"
      If I were to look in the trunk of your car right now what would I find"
      ended by "Can you sell me this pen?"   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I submitted an online application, which was quite lengthy. I'm assuming I didn't pass the online personality test because I wasn't called for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finish Line (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

short got back to me within 10 days