Finished Basement Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Finished Basement Company

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The process was very thorough and informing. Going over each job and reflecting on success and failures was a trip down memory lane. I realized there were many thing in my past that didn't work well. Great eye opener.

Interview Questions

• I Loved the ability to reflect on personal strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Apr 7, 2017 – Coordinator of Amazing People

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our interview process. We definitely read all of our reviews and use them to improve our processes. We’re glad the interview was eye opening for ... More

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Finished Basement Company (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

The manager had me waiting for 30 minutes. When I finally went in to the interview, they presented me with two opportunities and they were very vague. One of the mangers stepped out of the interview and did not return. It was a very disrespectful experience based on how rude the leaders acted. I felt very disrespected and undermined.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience and what you done before.   3 Answers

Nov 1, 2016 – Hiring Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like this whole experience was mishandled! The managers of this division express regret for your experience with the interviewers. Fortunately, your ... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finished Basement Company (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the owner then 2 lead designers. The owner seemed really creepy at first. He asked a lot of weird questions. The people that were interviewing me were late both times and kept me waiting. The whole process felt a little unprofessional. The process is a little different now. Hopefully it's better!

Interview Questions

• What was your childhood like?   1 Answer

Oct 17, 2016 – Hiring Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback.This interview seems to have taken place awhile ago and you didn't indicate which of the three locations -- but we can respond generally -- The interview ... More

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Finished Basement Company.

Interview

It was a very long interview process but once you are hired you understand it is all for a good reason. The company is like a family so you want to bring the right people on board.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected was talking about high school and what it was like.   Answer Question

Mar 1, 2016 – Hiring Manager

Thank you for mentioning our interview process. As we have grown, for the past 6+ years we have followed a systematic interview process and have support to ensure a seamless path for the candidate ... More

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Finished Basement Company (Denver, CO) in November 2009.

Interview

The communication process was fragmented and disorganized. I was bounced from person to person, and multiple follow up calls and emails were not returned, then I'd get a call back with a claim that they couldn't find my contact info. The interview itself was conducted by someone clearly not versed in HR and interviewing techniques. The typical "What's your greatest weakness?" and "Where do you see yourself in five years?" questions were the rule of the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and what you're looking for in this job.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What's your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

I chose to decline an additional interview after multiple attempts to reach them, an embarrassingly low salary range proferred, and again, significant internal disorganization and lack of consistency in contact and scheduling.

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Finished Basement Company.

Interview

The interview process was great. i was lead to believe lots of great things about the company. The staff gave a great impression of the position, culture and company.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions - pretty textbook interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-existant