Finn Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Finn Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, in person interview in the office with the team I'd be working with. Asked very basic questions about PR, etc. Easy, no hard ball questions whatsoever. Simple take home writing test. HR/hiring takes a while but stick it out. Negotiate your salary!

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Finn Partners (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online through website, HR person reached out to me through email a few days later. Had a phone interview with her, and was asked to come in for an in person interview the next week. Had interviews with two Senior Vice Presidents, and met with three other members of the team as well. Very friendly. I asked tons of questions and was very prepared with notes, etc. as well as anecdotal stories on my accomplishments, prior challenges and how I overcame them, and other similar interview questions. One of the interviews was much more of a behavioral/personality check conversation than an interview.
    Everyone was extremely open, honest, and enthusiastic about their jobs, the team, and the company. I asked if any of them would trade this job for one at another firm, and not a single person said yes. That pretty much did it for me!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance where you took initiative in a prior role to get a project done?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you were the first person to make moves on a project when no one else had an idea.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finn Partners (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for an internship with Media Connect, Finn Partners' book PR division. There was only one interview with the person who ended up being my supervisor. We spoke a lot about my previous experience, schooling, and my interests. It was pretty laid back and comfortable. The interviews are usually conducted pretty far in advance to when you are interning. (I interviewed in april for a fall internship beginning in august).

Interview Questions

• Questions were generally easy. We spoke mostly about my schooling and previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered university credit as well as minimum wage (hourly).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I had two one interviews and a face to face Interview with their HR person. They never got back to me. Something like that never happened to me. Terrible place if people can behave like this.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions of an average interview. Mediocre HR person.   Answer Question

Finn Partners Response

Nov 3, 2016 – HR Director

We have reviewed your feedback and our intern interview process does not include two phone screens and an in-person interview with HR. In almost all instances, an intern in-person interview would be... More

AAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finn Partners (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Took a week. I emailed the SF office just see if they had any openings and they did. Next day had a phone interview and the following Wednesday met with 4 team members. Everyone was really excited and friendly.

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finn Partners (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was interview in depth by at least five different employees in the office. Each came prepared with different sets of questions and each seemed interested in learning about who I was as a person and how I could benefit the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in PR?   1 Answer

SAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Finn Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager followed by a phone interview with department manager and then two in-person interviews with members of the team. Process is about a month. They also asked for writing samples.

Public Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finn Partners (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Called quickly after receiving my resume to schedule an interview. The woman was courteous throughout the scheduling process, but only when I was a possible contender. I was greeted and informed after the first round of interviews and writing sample that I would come in for a second round of interviews. After interviewing with 7+ people, the recruiter went totally silent on me. No thank you, no follow up response to my own emails. Nothing. Not the most professional considering I devoted the time I did to the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The questions are more to see if you fit the culture. Be prepared to answer questions about yourself/hobbies--best facets, describe yourself as your friends might, etc. Nothing regarding my understanding of PR.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Finn Partners (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was fair and personable. I was given a great overview of the company and was even pitched a few accounts based on my previous experience. The questions were tough but allowed me to give the best answers as to why I would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• What areas are you most interested in applying your skills? In what areas are you looking to improve or grow?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Finn Partners (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

It was fairly straight forward. However, despite 10 years in a previous role and working previously with the supervisor, I still had to come in at night and take a writing test.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about new business development and use of social media.   1 Answer