FireEye Interview Questions in Milpitas, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.2

Director Level Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I reached out via the website and a friend I had at the company and was contacted by a really nice recruiter shortly after. She just took over recruiting for this role and contacted the hiring manager whom she did not know yet. After presenting me as a candidate she scheduled the phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager went well and we scheduled an in person onsite interview with 3 people. When I arrived in time I had to wait for 15 mins for the first person scheduled to interview me so we had barely 15 mins left. The next part of the interview was via phone and it was awesome because the person over the phone displayed such a great sense of humor. Last in person interview was fine and organized and he walked me out. After my personal "Thank you" notes one person even responded. I then reached out to the HR recruiter and she promised to follow up with an update. That never happened.

Interview Questions

• Mostly casual but also about job experience and how I would go about things.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary. There was multiple phases. Throughout the entire process I was interviewed by 7 people. Most of the questions that I was asked were to test my knowledge regarding topics that I had placed on my resume. All in all the process was very fair.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was clearly technical from the beginning. I had 4 rounds and they asked me about my projects and technical questions as per the position requirement.
    They asked me about university, courses taken and GPA.

Interview Questions

• S-RAM vs D-RAM
      Design SRAM, how would you optimize it ?
      If given a chance how would you optimize your project ?
      Basics of PERL.
      Drew a design and asked me to code it in any HDL.
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I first had to go through a HackerRank challenge that consisted of mostly knowledge based questions. Afterwards, I had a short interview with a hiring manager describing my experiences and work habits. The technical interview consisted of a pair of programming questions on HackerRank. Overall a positive experience and very helpful.
    3 rounds - phone call - phone call - skype
    bit tough to clear technical round.
    Every thing else is as usual ..

Interview Questions

• OS, Networking, Front-end web development internals   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I got two telephone interviews, and then an onsite interview. During interview, only my resume is asked. One interview is from my future manager, and the other interview is from future colleague.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Only a telephonic round.
    Basic questions on resume and interests
    More Behavioral interview
    I was contacted by their recruiter on phone
    There was going to be another round but it got cancelled
    Later after a week I got a call saying I was selected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Product Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and well coordinated. I had 2 rounds and both were phone interviews and both went well. There were some questions related to marketing concepts and how it applies to real world

Interview Questions

• I was asked my my past experience and college projects that I did   Answer Question

TSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview via WebEx. The entire interview was scheduled to last for 1hr but it took 3hrs. One of the interviewers was on another call and would leave for like 20mins and come back to ask me the same question that the other person had already asked.

Interview Questions

• Top, Perf, htop, iotop, problems solved with pcap, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The HR people forgot to call me and so I have to choice to caledl her back. And, in the process she kept asked me about my salary so it made me kind of uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• The person just asked me about my project I am doining now. and how i am familar with Abobe CQ5.   1 Answer

Channel Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a month after I applied. A 30-min telephone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked questions about my background and how they related to the role. About a week later, I was scheduled for an on-site interview with two other managers. The first manager I met was great to talk to, since the conversation flowed smoothly as questions were asked about how my skills would be a fit for the position. Speaking to the second manager was a different experience. The minute that manager walked in, the person seemed disengaged and uninterested. The manager also asked similar questions like the previous one, but there was a lot of negative non-verbal communication displayed which indicated that no matter what I said, this person was not receptive to any of it.