FireEye Senior QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FireEye

3.5

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FireEye (New York, NY).

Interview

HR called and confirmed interview.
Then two rounds of interviews. One by a senior QA Engineer and other by principal engineer and hiring manager.
The process was smooth and quick. However, one of the interviewer in second round was rude.

Interview Questions

• Python concepts, libraries, file handling, simple programs in python. Test cases writing.
    Questions like search a list of values in file, tuples, dictionary.   1 Answer
  • In second round they were bombarding questions. This was knowledge based round. Questions were not tough but one of the interviewer attitude was not good and was very rough.
    Networking questions, wpa2, wep, http vs https architectural difference, negative test cases for notepad, radius server, api testing, stress vs load test, oops, basic os questions, can we hide ssid, osi layers in some detail, tcp dump, frame vs packet, bubble sort, sort huge file and many other questions like http error codes, put vs post vs get etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FireEye

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (Reston, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with hiring manager. He had a "take home" project sent to me, which I completed and sent back. Had multiple followup phone interviews with the hiring manager, several of his team engineers, and other engineers/managers at Fireye (8 separate interviews). Hiring manager pretty much indicated to me at this point that I had the job. Got a request to drop everything and fly out to Reston for a face to face since the manager would be there at their facility (his whole team works remotely from their homes). Was told it was just to meet the manager. Got there and was put through another 5 interviews.

Manager then took me out to lunch, at which point, when asked about time frame for a decision, he told me to keep my phone on that night, but that he was satisfied with everything, and proceeded to tell me about my first month and what I would be doing. This was a Wednesday afternoon.

Heard nothing Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat or Sun. Woke up Monday morning to a form "We are choosing not to pursue your candidacy at this time" email.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about DNS servers, something that I not only knew nothing about, but never claimed to have any knowledge. Is also completely related to the job that I was interviewing for.   Answer Question