FireEye Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FireEye Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at FireEye

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Multiple on phone technical interviews each consisting of a series of technical questions. Multiple managers, team leaders, and team members asked questions and performed interviews. Most interviews were one on one.

Interview Questions

• Questions about NodeJs, Java, system design, microservices.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FireEye

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FireEye in January 2014.

Interview

Very cordial interviewer. Difficulty of questions progressed from easy to hard. The interviewer checked for my depth of knowledge in detail. They were very quick in giving their decisions as well.

Interview Questions

• CSS questions like how you find elements
      Javascript questions like options of ajax and closures
      Database design questions
      Rails questions like how does a web request go through the framework, how do you prevent 3rd party API errors, how do you prevent from errors being thrown from ruby code blocks, questions on ActiveResource, ruby meta programming questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Had a really positive interviews with management and engineers. They were asking my past experience with automation and programming skills, and I brought my laptop to show my previous works. They were really impressed and I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult questions. Typical programming questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate little bit more on the ISO since my rate was the same as my previous job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FireEye.

Interview

I had to attend a technical phone interview and a couple of technical face to face interviews. The HR interview was very positive and Fireye is open to paying good salaries.

Interview Questions

• Basic technology questions and questions on my previous experiences   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring process took arround 5-6 week to finalize the selection and result. it was good, they were asking logicl question insted of very tipical interview question.

Interview Questions

• Total 9 rounds include HR I had, 3 F2F and rest telephonic and Skype round.
      First they asked about my exp and work i did before, then question on Data structure, algorithm, Database design, ERD creation and related question, Index algorithm and working mechanism, question on optimization, logical reasoning, and few mathematics questions.
      Business implementation question, normalization, database optimization and few question on scripting language like python, perl , Unix.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position of a SSE through the company's career site. Entire process was smooth. There were 3 Rounds of Interview ( 2 Technical & 1 HR ).

Interview Questions

• Detailed concepts on core java, collections, threads, concurrency, servlets & frameworks   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was smooth. FireEye pays you well above Industry Standards, however only if you are worthy of it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FireEye.

Interview

Initial phone screening involved general C questions and tcp/ip related questions. on-site was for 4 hrs in which 3 of the interviewers focused on current work and technical and design challenges. The 4th was a coding round where the person came in with a laptop and asked to optimize some code. Also a question on next element in bst.