FireEye Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FireEye

3.5

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Rigorous. Multiple technical interviews by the Systems Engineering team;multiple interviews with different level account managers, leadership all in a day or two! The hiring manager made me feel very comfortable which contributed to my comfort and likely improved my interview performance. The smiling faces and team approach to hiring was indicative of the way it is to work here. Very collaborative, team oriented environment...

Interview Questions

• If you were a tiny person in a blender...j/k. *No* unrelated useless mind puzzles. All interview questions were role-related and on point. That's the way I prefer it.. I had core questions on core networking principals; security fundamentals; malware detection and analysis as well as soft skill scenarios to get a feel of how I am with customers since this is an engineering role in the Sales Department.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am usually very tough in negotiations. However my first offer was what I would have worked myself up to, so after a night to sleep on it I accepted. First time in my career. Really made me feel appreciated and great way to start a new adventure..

Other Interview Reviews for FireEye

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied through an external recruiter. The process took about 3 weeks.
    Phone call with internal recruiter, then a phone call with a director, then a phone call with a senior systems engineer, and then a panel interview at their Reading office.

15 minute technical presentation and 15 minute 'why me' presentation, followed by questions and general discussion.
    The interviewers were very pleasant and put me at ease from the start. they gave me the opportunity to highlight my strengths through discussion rather than a list of template questions.
    It seems that everyone in the room were very passionate about the company and had a positive outlook.

The recruiters were in constant communication, providing updates every few days.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • From your experience, what do you find the industry's biggest concerns are around cyber security, and what are some good ways to combat them.   Answer Question
    • Please explain a return-oriented programming attack in a way that a non-technical audience can understand.   Answer Question