FireHost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FireHost Interview Questions

3.4

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FireHost (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Unprofessional, lacking in punctuality, didn't show up for the interview, no response to phone or email inquiries into what happened. Hate to see how they treat actual employee's if they don't respect the time of those they try to recruit.

FireHost Response

Sep 18, 2015 – Culture & Engagement Manager

We deeply regret that your interview experience was less than ideal and strive to ensure the most positive experience for all candidates. Due to the nature of our business there are many demands on ... More

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FireHost (Richardson, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was brought to a conference room and asked questions by a few prospective co-workers and managers. Questions related to skills, quizzing about technical terms, opinion on procedures, and some casual questions about my personal hobbies.

Environment was very casual, with some people playing with Nerf toy guns. If you're a people-person and "life of the party" type, you'd probably be right at home. They say they look for a mix of personalities, but an introvert or someone who generally prefers a quiet atmosphere might not be able to handle it for long.

Interview Questions

• How much of testing do you believe should be automated, versus manual?   Answer Question
    • What is Black Box testing, and what is White Box testing?   Answer Question

FireHost Response

Sep 18, 2015 – Culture & Engagement Manager

First we would like to thank you for your interest in our career opportunities and for considering FireHost as a future employer. Over the years we have worked to build a culture that is inclusive of ... More

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FireHost (Richardson, TX).

Interview

A meeting with two managers in a discussion format. They went through my resume and asked about various items on it. I had plenty of opportunities to ask them about the position an the company.

After the interview I contacted their HR recruiter for feedback. I never heard back from her. I normally work with through recruiting firms who offer feedback after the interview. When I have interviewed directly with companies in the past I usually get a "we've got your resume on file and we'll let you know..." which is code for no thanks. But at least you hear some from them. I was on the fence after I read some employee reviews so maybe it's a good thing I never heard back from them.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FireHost (Richardson, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was tough. I was grilled pretty hard by a revolving door of members of the position's team and neighboring departments, This was to see how I would handle certain situations, to explain certain configurations, commands, tools, etc. There was an online skills test which was pretty neat and honestly quite good at gauging the skill of the person applying. It was well made and well designed. These guys want to make sure you know your stuff and for good reason.

After the offer it was a little hard to get in touch with some of HR, but as I found out later they are just extremely busy. Don't feel discouraged to reach out to different members of the team that you will had been in contact with to follow up with on the process.

Support Engineer Interview

Interview

After initial email contact, went through a short phone interview with the hiring manager followed by a longer phone interview with hiring manager and relevant management. There were three people on the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• N/A, standard technical questions related to the position.   Answer Question

Support Engineer L1 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FireHost in October 2014.

Interview

Originally interviewed for L2, but its actually quite challenging.
    L1 interview is much easier. Basic questions on networking, DBA, performance troubleshooting, etc.
    a good working knowledge of windows OS and/or Linux Centos/RHEL, Ubuntu will help you through.
    Good focus on customer service.

Interview Questions

• You have just added a route in server 2008 to allow RDP sessions from inbound traffic. You have tested it and it works. You then install security updates and reboot, and now cannot RDP to the server. What would you check?   1 Answer

Negotiation

email back and forth with HR.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FireHost (Richardson, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 different people over a span of five hours. I expected to be there about an hour and ended up staying for 5 hours. It was beneficial to stay and speak to everyone at one time versus driving back and forth over four different days.

Solution Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FireHost.

Interview

In person Interview scheduled by my recruiter. Was told by hiring manager that my resume did not qualify me. Hiring manager asked me to tell him why he should hire me. Very intense interview on what I could bring to the table for the company. Was told to educate myself the best I could on what the company does then be ready for a mock phone call the following Monday. Mock call went well, took the Caliper test. Was asked to come in for final f2f interview with new manager. From first interview to offer, 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If I had ten other candidates that all said the same things you have, why should I hire you over them?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FireHost.

Interview

Very slow process. Wasn't contacted until months after application was submitted.

Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FireHost (Richardson, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

This was the usual, straight-forward, three-step process. I had a brief phone interview with the Recruiter, followed by a technical phone interview with the Manager of Systems Engineering and the L3 Storage Engineer to feel out skills and experience, and then an in-person interview with the Managers of Systems and Network Engineering- mostly discussing corporate culture and hobbies to make sure that we would enjoy working together.

I have been working here for ~4 months now, and I am very happy that I accepted the offer. This is a great company made up of talented and brilliant people.

Interview Questions

• What storage protocol do you to prefer to work with?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about troubleshooting a storage performance issue for a VM?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a few days of PTO within the 90-day window for a pre-planned family reunion, as well as $5K/year more.