Firebirds Wood Fired Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill Interview Questions

Interviews at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill

2.0

Server Interview

Interview

I left before the interview process because the host was so awful and tried to make me feel dumb for wanting to introduce myself to a manager before applying online.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Slightly intimidating. Hiring manager asked a lot of questions pertaining to conflict resolution and customer service. Was asked to sell the salt shaker as an example of service. A lot of information given about Firebirds and how they conduct business. Interviewed out in the open.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill (Birmingham, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, GM called me couple days later for a face to face interview, went professionally dressed for my interview and was offered the job in my interview. They want people with personality and dedication to delivering utmost customer service.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a quick interview and they were very open and honest with any questions I asked them. They made it clear they wanted someone with experience, and with a flexible schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill (Eatontown, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

There was a two step process to the interview, the first was an initial interview; the second a follow-up interview. The former was conducted after filling out the application, basic questions at first were asked then it dug deeper into the interview process. The latter interview was conducted by your respective line of interest, i.e., bar manager, front of house manager, back of house manager, etc., and it was considered the deciding interview.
    They conduct a legit and proper interview. Although it's "just a restaurant," I suggest taking the interview seriously. If you decide to accept the position, you'll understand in Firebird's workplace that seriousness is not taken lightly.

Interview Questions

• You are about to open up your own restaurant, what would you want your bar area to look like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Interview

The manager will make you wait for at least 10 minutes before meeting with you for the first time. Second interview process is done sitting at table in the restaurant and lasts about 30 minutes. They ask you if you have eaten at the restaurant before and are looking for candidates who are very in tune with hospitality and great service.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Simple and they don't ask many questions. It appears almost anyone who seems wiling to work and with a positive attitude can receive a job at Firebird's. Unfortunately, they hire a lot of unexperienced servers which struggle to provide the type of service expected by management through Firebirds. Then there is a lot of weeding out that has to be done after each class starts training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill (Erie, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Got an interview immediatly after filling out my application. They watch you and your attitude from the second they hand you that application. Go in with a bubbaly and positive attitude and you will most likely get the job. If you go in there looking trashy and with a negative attitude they usually won't give you an automatic interview and most likely won't call you. First impression is KEY! Was interviewed by two of the managers but didn't seem like much of an 'interview'.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill (Gainesville, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Simple hospitality and personality oriented questions. They then out you into training where you learn the steps of service and philosophy. At the end of five days of training you are tested on the menu which must be past with a 85% or more to begin serving shifts.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill (Birmingham, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy process, two different interviews, was hired on the spot. Asked about previous experience, availability transportation, etc. Took place in one day did a store tour, and was told they would call when my schedule was available, and they called the next day.

Interview Questions

• How much server experience did I have   1 Answer