Firestone Complete Auto Care ASE Certified Automotive Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Staten Island, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a call from the manager of the Firestone Car Care shop I would eventually be working at, stating that I have been selected to interview for this Auto Technician entry level position at Firestone on the other side of Staten Island and if I can be available for the interview at this particular time. I agreed. I had a few days. I researched the company. I prepared for the questions. I found the way to the interview by public transportation. I timed it. The day arrived and I went in early. I met the store manager who asked a few questions. He sent in the assistant manager who asked a few more specific questions. He sent in the shop manager who asked more performance based questions. I was told by the first manager that the interview process was finished and I would hear from him soon by phone if I was accepted for the job. A week later, I got the call. Thanks

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Firestone Complete Auto Care

ASE Certified Automotive Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

1st a call, then the first interview with some simple computer tests, then the 2nd interview with HR where your hourly rate is discussed/negotiated. If you get through that you then have to take a urinalysis and physical plus pass the background check and D.M.V. check.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your experience in the field like the technical aspects but only a question or two then they ask how much you want per hour, if you get along working in a team or alone, and they generally will low ball you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask for more than they initially try to give you.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a poor experience, they scheduled an appointment yet purposely ignore you and have you wait for 45min. Its a hoop they want you to jump through too see how badly you want the job. It really hung up my day since I did have other interviews scheduled while job hunting.

Interview Questions

• Can you forget about your title and do other things that are not in your job description?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Austin, TX).

Interview

One simple interview.

Negotiation

Easy as pie. No pressure.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Cleveland, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

applied on line, phone screen, in person interview, as i answered basic questions they became more difficult and probing to find out what I really knew and how much experience I truly had.

Interview Questions

• are there any limitations of days of week or hours you can work   1 Answer

Negotiation

get as much as you can up front because raises are small if you get one unless you threaten to leave.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Van Nuys, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Received call after my initial application. Spoke to District manager and agreed to meet at a Firestone location. Met at the location, waited maybe 15 minutes then went into a room with the D.M. and her assistant, we went over my qualifications and experience. They asked me what I knew about the company. I told them what I knew and they gave me a brief overview/history lesson. They told me the location I'd be working at if it all worked out. They asked me about how much I had in tools. They asked me how much I wanted per hour and then suggested a lower number. We agreed on a number then they told me I had to take a drug test and then they would give me a call. They gave me paper work for that and gave me 24 hrs to complete the drug test. I took it and passed it then they called me when my background check came back then gave me a date for orientation/training in like Cudahey and I drove down there for a few days but was reimbursed on mileage, they fed our group at outback steakhouse and the training basically consisted of how they wanted us to do tires, safety, how to use their equipment, and other standard corporate training.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the history of Firestone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Corvallis, OR) in September 2010.

Interview

Spoke with service manager initially, who recommended I talk to the store manager the next day. Interview consisted of questions regarding technical experience, along with a slightly long application with approvals for background checks and the like and a 4 page skills test. Then a half hour chat with the SM regarding goals and possible positions available. Official job offer will follow results of a drug test.

Overall a very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take a "C" tech position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Saint Cloud, MN) in January 2010.

Interview

I told them I could fix cars and asked about pay. They told me my experience was what got me in.

Interview Questions

• What was this crime in northern MN?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to get $.50 more an hour.