Firestone Complete Auto Care General Service Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Firestone Complete Auto Care General Service Technician Interview Questions

2.0

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

One on one interview drug test physical then background check you will then get an offer from the company and if you like the offer you except or decline if you dont

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Firestone Complete Auto Care

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The process started with two phone interviews preformed by the corporate recruiting team, one phone interview with the area manager, one interview with a store manager at one location and one interview with a store manager at the location that ultimately extended an offer of employment. Everyone I interacted with was through, professional, and friendly.

Interview Questions

I was ultimately unable to commit to commit to enough weekend hours. Fortunately I was able to build a professional connection that involved being assured that I would be welcome to inquire again should my weekend availability change.

General Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

It was many years ago and then the process went well. Then it was done by the store manager. Now, it is done by computer, which is a generic psyc. profile test matrix along with basic standardized information requests
    For shop personnel. ASE certifications are a plus. Since it will help in your pay.

Interview Questions

• What experience did you have in relation to your job position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Bloomington, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called on a Friday and scheduled and interview for Saturday morning. I showed up and they asked the basic questions but could tell that I was already given the job as I was told right off the bat about "getting in here and starting this week". The interview took only 20 minutes or so.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Fort Mill, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic general questions, about tools, knowledge, experience and availability. I was asked about my willingness to learn. If i would be willing to ask questions if i was unsure about a job i was working on.

Interview Questions

• what made me want to work in this industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didn't haggle, i just really wanted a job and she was willing to play me a dollar more than what I was hearing around that area.

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Lawton, OK).

Interview

sat in the waiting area for 2 hours after my appointment to talk with management. then came in talked about knowledge based questions and discussed scheduling issues. shop tour was conducted so i could see the environment conditions. drug test scheduled and then days later was accepted

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Westminster, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

One on One interview with the General manager. I was walked through the shop and shown what it was they wanted from me as a General Service Technician. They discussed their "On time" Policy as well as their daily "Job Appearance" reliability

Interview Questions

• Can you be here "On time every day you are due to work"? are you "Organized and capable" of controlling the auto parts stock room?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Richmond, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was called for an interview the same day I applied. I had the interview the next day and was offered a job pending the outcome of a drug screen & background check.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable doing oil changes and replacing tires?   Answer Question
    • Do these tire machines look similar to the ones you used at ________?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Huntsville, AL) in September 2011.

Interview

Hiring now is a very corporate controlled process. It is a good idea to contact the manager at the store you wish to work for first and try and arrange a time to meet and speak with him or her. They will then tell you to apply online and they will look for your application. Then a formal interview will be set. If district management and the store manager are satisfied, district management will give the store manager the "ok" to hire you upon completion of a drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own set of tools?
      (since no tools except heavy shop equipment is provided)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is negotiable based on ASE certifications, experience and/or technical degrees. Entry level techs with little or none of these can expect around $11 per hour. Mid range techs can expect around $15 per hour. Experienced vets with certifications can expect around $18 per hour.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Columbus, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Laid back, casual, short

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Experience, availability, full-time or part-time