Firestone Complete Auto Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.1

General Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The process started with two phone interviews preformed by the corporate recruiting team, one phone interview with the area manager, one interview with a store manager at one location and one interview with a store manager at the location that ultimately extended an offer of employment. Everyone I interacted with was through, professional, and friendly.

Interview Questions

I was ultimately unable to commit to commit to enough weekend hours. Fortunately I was able to build a professional connection that involved being assured that I would be welcome to inquire again should my weekend availability change.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Simi Valley, CA).

Interview

You will never get a raise fight for every penny before you accept store manager position. My interview lasted 5 hour . You will be told that they have to start you off at a lower salary and you will be promised raises in the future. But you are guaranteed to never never ever get a pay in crease on your monthly base salary. You will be told that you make your own raises through their commission program. If you do well DO NOT let anyone know how much money you mak . It will definitely come back to haunt you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiations phase was brutal but neccessary

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Tuscaloosa, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

One interview with regional sales manager. Hired on the spot and sent for drug screening and physical. Came back later to meet store manager and set up training during two weeks notice from other job.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle the fast paced environment of auto repair/tire sales?   1 Answer

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Lakewood, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people. The first was 5 minutes. The next person I interviewed with had the papers with the questions. This person was rude and condescending. This person acted like they were writing notes and accidentally lowered the paper. NOTHING was written on it! Needless to say, it was a waste of time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in May 2016.

Interview

I worked for a family owned(non corporate) bridge stone Firestone. had 2 interviews. The first came about 2 weeks after sending my resume in. I had to interview about 30 miles out at a separate location. I interviewed with the human resources guy. The interview was formal with questions regarding my experience in sales and customer service and also typical behavioral interview questions. Then I was told I would hear back by Friday if they were interested in a second interview. I received a call Friday and was asked to interview that following Monday with the owner himself(again it's non corporate but the owner has 3 locations) so I interviewed at the location I had applied to. The owner and the general manager of all his locations both were there. It wasn't really an interview though. This time I only was asked why I wanted to work here because it was different then my work history (mostly call centers). And then he asked if I was okay with the pay, working 45 to 50 hours weekly and standing on my feet all day. He asked if I could start working the following day and my first day was actually 12 hours long!

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in sales?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at an automotive shop?   1 Answer
    • Can you stand on your feet all day?   1 Answer

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Plano, TX).

Interview

20 minute interview talking about your experience about all the things you know how to do mechanically and the manager explains to you the working hours and gives you a brief description of your own position and what is expected of you as a team. Then after the interview is over, the manager tells you when you will be taking a drug test and when the background check clears. That is about all that happens during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have and what do you know how to do?   1 Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Arlington, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Warm and felt welcome. Very Professional and upfront. There were two interviewers and was asked about my education and work experience. Asked why you were leaving your current position. What kind of automotive experience do you have?

Interview Questions

• What do you now about Firestone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Played hardball after rocking the interview. Drug out the process and received the offer I wanted. They needed an immediate need and helped me get hired.

Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

After being turned down for the position without being given the chance to interview, I was contacted months later by a recruiter. The wording of his email was "I think you would be a great candidate for the management training program." I arrived to a "job fair," which was a rented hotel conference room where I sat with over 15 other excellent candidates, probably having the same inner conversation with themselves that I was having, especially those of us waiting in silence from 15-30 minutes. My first impression of the company was not favorable. If Firestone really seeks quality candidates, they might think about a different presentation than herding everyone in to a room and with a recruiter occasionally remarking about being respectful of our time while waiting to be herded in to a second room and using a generic questionnaire as interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions you would expect. Multiple interviews happening simultaneously in a second conference room. The interview ended with the "Thanks for coming in and we will call you" sort of response.   1 Answer

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Cheektowaga, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was called by the district manager Todd to come in for an interview and I told him I wasn't going to entertain the thought of working for them unless I was going to get more money. He said he understood and wouldn't expect me to unless I was getting more. I went to the interview and found that the rate of pay was the same as I was currently getting.
    This was a huge waste of time and I called the district manager after, and he told me that he said I was going to be getting the same amount and then hung up on me.

Unprofessional to say the least.

Interview Questions

I was offered the same rate of pay as currently receiving.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

I found a posting online and had to summit an Online application. I then was contacted by a recruiter. I guess I past that because I then Spoke with upper management. After speaking with the upper management I Got an offer. The whole process took a long time. Went through back ground checks physicals and other corporate steps.