Firestone Complete Auto Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Firestone Complete Auto Care Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Plano, TX).

Interview

20 minute interview talking about your experience about all the things you know how to do mechanically and the manager explains to you the working hours and gives you a brief description of your own position and what is expected of you as a team. Then after the interview is over, the manager tells you when you will be taking a drug test and when the background check clears. That is about all that happens during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have and what do you know how to do?   1 Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Arlington, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Warm and felt welcome. Very Professional and upfront. There were two interviewers and was asked about my education and work experience. Asked why you were leaving your current position. What kind of automotive experience do you have?

Interview Questions

• What do you now about Firestone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Played hardball after rocking the interview. Drug out the process and received the offer I wanted. They needed an immediate need and helped me get hired.

Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

After being turned down for the position without being given the chance to interview, I was contacted months later by a recruiter. The wording of his email was "I think you would be a great candidate for the management training program." I arrived to a "job fair," which was a rented hotel conference room where I sat with over 15 other excellent candidates, probably having the same inner conversation with themselves that I was having, especially those of us waiting in silence from 15-30 minutes. My first impression of the company was not favorable. If Firestone really seeks quality candidates, they might think about a different presentation than herding everyone in to a room and with a recruiter occasionally remarking about being respectful of our time while waiting to be herded in to a second room and using a generic questionnaire as interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions you would expect. Multiple interviews happening simultaneously in a second conference room. The interview ended with the "Thanks for coming in and we will call you" sort of response.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Cheektowaga, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was called by the district manager Todd to come in for an interview and I told him I wasn't going to entertain the thought of working for them unless I was going to get more money. He said he understood and wouldn't expect me to unless I was getting more. I went to the interview and found that the rate of pay was the same as I was currently getting.
    This was a huge waste of time and I called the district manager after, and he told me that he said I was going to be getting the same amount and then hung up on me.

Unprofessional to say the least.

Interview Questions

I was offered the same rate of pay as currently receiving.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

I found a posting online and had to summit an Online application. I then was contacted by a recruiter. I guess I past that because I then Spoke with upper management. After speaking with the upper management I Got an offer. The whole process took a long time. Went through back ground checks physicals and other corporate steps.

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Redondo Beach, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple questions about my work experience and skills. I was asked what i could do in terms of car repair and what tools i already had. I was also asked a bit about what i had done at my previous jobs.

Automotive Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

The interview process was not bad. I only had 1 interview and then i was hired as a "Technician". I was really hired as just another quick lube guy. I was promised that i would move up to a Technician spot but i have yet to see that happen.

Interview Questions

• Name some things that you have fixed on customer vehicles?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Manhattan, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

I was sought out, and was almost begged to apply. The previous service manager was retiring so they needed me as soon as possible. It took a week to get all of the testing and backgrounds done. After that I started the very next day. I was trained on the fly, and after 6 months there were still so many things I had not been trained on. The manager was just too busy to sit down and train me on some corporate level knowledge. I got the impression that I needed to do a large portion of the administrative paperwork of the store.

Interview Questions

• my experience level was senior   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

It was many years ago and then the process went well. Then it was done by the store manager. Now, it is done by computer, which is a generic psyc. profile test matrix along with basic standardized information requests
    For shop personnel. ASE certifications are a plus. Since it will help in your pay.

Interview Questions

• What experience did you have in relation to your job position   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They require you fill out a job application. Then requested an interview. Multiple higher ups attended. No questions stood out as being overly difficult. All in all it was a good experience