Firestone Complete Auto Care Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Firestone Complete Auto Care Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Columbia, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied to an online posting that advertised a job fair being held from 7am to 7pm. I arrived at the venue and was greeted by awkward looks upon walking through the door and asked if I had an appointment. I explained that I came across the job posting on indeed.com and was not aware that (due to it not being stated) I was supposed to receive a call from a recruiter to schedule a time for that day. I was then taken to a waiting area where I waited around 8 minutes to interview with one of the two Area Managers. The area manager explained that first we will go over my experience listed on my resume and proceed on to behavioral questions. I only managed to discuss my most recent employment before the conversation was directed to the behavioral questions. Through this process it was discussed that the Area Manager had a very similar employment background,in addition to how my experience fits in line with what they are looking for, causing me to believe things were going well. At the end it was explained the projected timing and advancement of the position and that at the end of the job fair they will be reviewing the resumes and information gathered and will be contacting candidates within the following week to schedule follow-up interviews to discuss store placement and pay. At 7:03pm I received an email from the recruiter stating "While your skills are certainly impressive we have decided to pursue other candidates." I found the timing to be a bit strange since I was informed that at the end of the event they will be discussing the candidates, the event was scheduled to end at 7:00pm so in the course of three minutes my credentials were discussed, it was decided I will not be a candidate for the positions they were looking to fill, and an email was sent out (rather fast if you ask me). However, I took it in stride and responded to the email thanking them for their time and the opportunity as well as requesting feedback on my interview so I may know what areas i would need to improve on to make myself a more viable candidate should I be presented with the opportunity in the future. I have yet to receive a response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Firestone Complete Auto Care

Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

After being turned down for the position without being given the chance to interview, I was contacted months later by a recruiter. The wording of his email was "I think you would be a great candidate for the management training program." I arrived to a "job fair," which was a rented hotel conference room where I sat with over 15 other excellent candidates, probably having the same inner conversation with themselves that I was having, especially those of us waiting in silence from 15-30 minutes. My first impression of the company was not favorable. If Firestone really seeks quality candidates, they might think about a different presentation than herding everyone in to a room and with a recruiter occasionally remarking about being respectful of our time while waiting to be herded in to a second room and using a generic questionnaire as interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions you would expect. Multiple interviews happening simultaneously in a second conference room. The interview ended with the "Thanks for coming in and we will call you" sort of response.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Warren, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

I got a call and a brief interview from an HR person, Friday afternoon. They asked if I could go on an interview Saturday at noon at their local store, and I said I could. They said they'd call me back, once they confirmed the interview with the store. They never called back. I also thought it'd be odd to go on a job interview on a Saturday, at Noon, which is probably the busiest day and time for an Auto store. They called me back like a week later, but left no message, or anything.

Didn't really bother me because researching it more, I learned the job really wasn't what they described, and I can't imagine a worse hell than having to scam customers into signing up for store credit cards all day.

Anonymous Employee in Bountiful, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Bountiful, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

short and to the point, the area manager at the time was friendly, sold the company and benefits very well. the office was a bit dirty, the front desk person was extremely nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• how long have you been in the industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Jackson, MS) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to come in for an interview. Had to drive to another state and get a hotel room to meet with the district manager for the interview and learned that the position is just a sales job with the potential to be promoted. Was told that you will work AT LEAST 50 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions what's your best quality, what's your worst quality. why would you be good at this job.   Answer Question

Position posted was not what was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Columbia, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

Met HR recruiter at college career fair and hand in resume. HR recruiter set up a phone interview after 3 weeks and offer one on one on site interview. Recruiter asked fairly easy questions based on past experience. Highlight customer service experience is a bonus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have to deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

Saw ad online
    Replied with an application,
    Got a call for an interview with a store manager,
    Interviewed with store manager,
    Store manager referred me to District Manager,
    Interviewed with District Manager,
    Got job offer,
    Had to do medical examination

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

Applied on careerbuilder. Heard back from 3 Supervisors within a week. Scheduled interviews with 2. Both followed a similar questioning strategy; basic life history questions, behavioral questions, and management questions. Took a behavioral assessment. Second interview with store manager. Very brief and straight forward. Third interview with HR manager. Offer presented and accepted.

Interview Questions

• nothing really. All of the questions are very straight forward. Both asked "tell me about a time you had an upset customer". This question is VERY important.... FYI   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of room to negotiate salary. Ask for a dollar more than they offer you and take it. Salary is not amazing (fair), but bonuses after protege program are FANTASTIC!

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through career services at my university, initial interview with the recruiter. Then, had another interview with the DM, and then the store manager. Took about 2 months for this whole process.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Portland, OR) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online and about a month later, got a call from a district administrator. She set me up with an appointment with district management for an interview. Normal behavioral interview questions at district office. He called me later the same day to go to one of his stores to "interview" with a store manager. The store manager I talked to barely looked at my resume/cover letter and didn't ask too many questions. It turns out he was a former auto technician; really nice guy, excellent salesman, but terrible interviewer-- it was pretty much a done deal by the time I got there to talk with him.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle/difficulty   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I started out in the basic sales position. I would push for the upper end of the hourly range and ask for an automatic raise at 6 months if you're hitting all your metrics. It seemed like people who got transferred to different stores a lot got raises and were making more than me-- I stayed in the same store for 2 1/2 years.