Firmenich Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ).

Interview

Very organized and willing to accommodate your schedule. All management was very friendly and relaxed. Applied online had a phone interview the next day. 5 interviews 4 days later and I received an offer today... total process took a week and 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions just use star format and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Perfumery Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was easy to talk with, it was a conversational-kind of interview. We discussed the company, and my background and current work. Interviewer walked me around and introduced me to my potential department colleagues and showed me their operations.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to 3 different managers. Bakery, Beverage, Collections. and they were very inviting. gave me a tour and asked if I needed anything. Interview took 2.5 hours. Some of their questions were the same but they were easy enough to answer and apply them to myself being that I had no experience in the field

Perfumer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to come in and interview. I spoke with the department head and then two team managers. Each asked mostly personality based questions. I was given a tour of the facility by one of the team leaders.The whole interview process took about an hour and a half. Overall pleasant interview

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ).

Interview

Off-site meeting with hiring manager and HR

Interview Questions

• Asked about my current employer's financial ratios - became highly irritated and did not believe the numbers because they were so different from his industry's ratios. He was also very irritated that my current employer did not set up back-up coverage at the plant in the same way that he did at his.   1 Answer

Procurement Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Firmenich (Newark, NJ) in December 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR person initially. It lasted about an hour. Basic questions were asked, pertaining to the job description, what my job responsibilities were at my last job, why I left each job, what I've been doing since my last job, etc. Then I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview, at 5 pm. It was a panel interview with 4 people plus another on a speaker phone. They asked mainly behavioral questions, which didn't seem related to the job I was interviewing for, but rather related to the job I had last. It seemed I was asked a lot of plat-related questions, like what would I do if I saw someone doing an unsafe task in the plant. I was interviewing for a purchasing position, not a plant role. I know I would be interacting with those in the plant, but really.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I saw someone doing an unsafe activity?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

The interviews were one on one with 7 different people. They seem like very nice people. They did admit that they have many operationals problems since going live on SAP.

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I first received an email notifying me that I was a candidate for the position and I should call to schedule a time for the interview. I had a 50 minute phone interview with an HR specialist where she asked general questions about my background. I was then asked to visit on site to interview with 3 other employees: the manager of the position (Account Manager), a manager at the same level (Account Manager), and a veteran project manager. The campus at Plainsboro is chic and contemporary, but I had a hard time finding it. Google map directions were completely wrong!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem creatively.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you sacrificed a short term reward for a long term goal.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about how you have worked with people that have different views than you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

They ask a series of rigid questions. Instead of having an actual conversation, they would rather read off a piece of paper asking things such as, "give me a time when you", and "explain a time when you did X and what was the outcome". It comes across as insincere considering they are more interested in writing down the answers rather than look people in the eye and have an actual, personal interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a suitable hourly wage.