First American Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.7

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at First American (Norman, OK).

Interview

Phone interviewer told me the low range for this position would be a lot more than $13.50/hr, but the hiring manager gave me an offer of that same amount! What a joke!

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American (Houston, TX).

Interview

It seemed more like a conversation about the company and getting to know what it is that they actually did here. I was not well versed in title insurance and there was a real effort to make sure I understood what I was getting into and that I would enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply?   1 Answer

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American (Folsom, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview done by the corporate HR recruiter. Then an in person interview with the direct supervisor and I think because of the nature of the job a peer interview. Finally an interview with a higher level manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you envision supporting our company with your Salesforce and Customer Service experience?   1 Answer

Escrow Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First American (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They went through a 3rd party company. The recruiting agency then contact you for a long phone screening, then they schedule an interview appointment with FA, the details of the interview are below. THe interview was not hard and it wasn't very formal, I was only interviewed by 1 person and the thing they care about the most is if you'd be able to handle extreme workload

Interview Questions

• If I would be able to handle an extremely high amount of work and be able to work over time. How much experience do I have handling over 100 files per month, if I'm comfortable switching between different tasks. How are my phone etiquette and customer service skills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at First American.

Interview

I applied online through the First American website. It took three weeks for me to receive a phone call. The first call was from a recruiter in California. She briefly explained the role, asked me why I was interested in the position, asked why I was looking for a new job (as I was currently employed), and what my desired salary would be. Afterwards, she said they were in the beginning stages of interviewing but everything sounded good so she would pass my information along. The next day, I received a call from a second recruiter out of California. This call was to schedule an in person interview. The interview was scheduled a week out. During the in person interview, I spoke with two separate managers individually. They asked standard interview questions (i.e. What made you apply to this position; Tell me how you would handle a difficult client; What do you like most about your current job; etc.). Each manager asked similar questions... I'm assuming to see if you're consistent in your responses. After the in person interview, I waited about a week and a half to hear back. The original recruiter checked up on me twice by calling and to see if I was still interested (they knew I had one other offer on the table). I finally got the call that I got the job. I was ecstatic! First American is a great company to work for. Good pay and excellent benefits. Then came the background check. It was very intense. You better be honest on your resume and application because they WILL know if you've exaggerated your job title, responsibilities, salary, or length at a position. The do a thorough criminal check and they verify your education. You have to provide supporting docs as well such as pay-stubs, W2's, and 1099's if you were self employed - so don't try to be sneaky. All in all - it was a good experience. The First American representatives I was in contact with were exceptionally professional and kind. The hiring process was long. It took exactly two months from the date I applied to the date I received my offer letter post background check.

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied during March and got a call back in early April. First was through phone interview and second round was in person. Got a call 30 minutes right after 2nd round interview and received the internship offer.

Interview Questions

• Logical Questions and some technical questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First American.

Interview

I was interviewed by multiple people. The interview was supposed to happen with everyone at once but instead two out of the three people came in late, and as if they were just fitting me into their schedules.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to provide an example of what I would do in a situation where I had to present on something I knew nothing about.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on the internet. Received call from HR to schedule onsite interview. Phone interview asks no technical questions, only about brief resume review. Onsite asks some behavioral questions and some tech questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agoura Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First American (Agoura Hills, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, on site interview. Never told the job was for interning until after I graduated until I was offered the position. I couldn't accept since I was already swamped with school. Wouldn't have bothered knowing that. They need to tell people up front if they don't want to hire and just want an intern. Also wanted me to somehow skip classes and go to their site to intern.

Interview Questions

• What to do in a linked list that has a loop   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was very straightforward and the interviewer asked simple questions, such as those about my resume, why I want the position, etc. It was conducted over the phone and they never got back to me after that.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have in marketing?   2 Answers