First American Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2018

2.6

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First American (Irvine, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

My first interview, for Help Desk, was short and to the point. My then supervisor shared he could train me everything I needed to know, he just want to know if I could type. I believe they just wanted to know if I could have an easy going conversation. To see if I were articulate.

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First American (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

You will most likely be interviewed by two people, whoever would be your supervisor, and the lead training manager. They ask you general interview questions but are really looking to see if you are motivated, a self started, and that you have thick skin.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What is your response when you hear no?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First American.

Interview

Interview seemed like a conversation. Then progressed into routine interview questions about previous job experience ie: problems you've had at work, risks youve taken, accomplishments, how you work with co-workers etc. Fairly straight forward interview. One on one interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First American.

Interview

Initial interview was on the phone with the hiring manager. Then I was called in for an in-person interview with a panel that consisted of the hiring manager and two senior contract specialists. I was made to feel very comfortable during the interview and the interviewers were friendly.

The questions focused on my experience (based on my resume). If offered an interview, be sure to be able to speak to the relevant experience you have in your resume. That is very important to them. Then, I was asked about contract theory related questions. Be sure to brush up before your interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I went in through a recruiting agency, I wasn't able to negotiate my salary. Be sure to negotiate after the probationary period.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First American.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me within 2 days of applying. She told me I was going to meet and interview with the main attorney. Turns out it was a panel interview. 2 attorneys and 2 paralegals. After that they had me interview with 2 other attorneys.

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

How to interview with 4 to 5 different people. Kind a tiresome.try to come up with some creative thoughts on their interview process. Try to show examples of how you've succeeded in how you failed. This will require are you interviewing with a senior auditor in the audit manager. Then the audit manager in and out of director. And then the VP of audit. Of course there's always a phone screen from HR.

Interview Questions

• How to interview with 4 to 5 different people. Kind a tiresome.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First American.

Interview

There was a phone interview from HR that caught me off guard. Then they set up an on-site interview with the hiring manager. I was offered the position that same day, a few hours later.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agoura Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First American (Agoura Hills, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, on site interview. Never told the job was for interning until after I graduated until I was offered the position. I couldn't accept since I was already swamped with school. Wouldn't have bothered knowing that. They need to tell people up front if they don't want to hire and just want an intern. Also wanted me to somehow skip classes and go to their site to intern.

Interview Questions

• What to do in a linked list that has a loop   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on the internet. Received call from HR to schedule onsite interview. Phone interview asks no technical questions, only about brief resume review. Onsite asks some behavioral questions and some tech questions.

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First American (Santa Ana, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interview: two technical rounds in telephonic followed by skype interview for out station candidates.Questions were quite easy . Need to describe the high level stiffs only. Got the offer in two weeks of time.

Interview Questions

• Performance tuning, Scripting.day to day DBA activities   Answer Question