First American Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American (Houston, TX).

Interview

It seemed more like a conversation about the company and getting to know what it is that they actually did here. I was not well versed in title insurance and there was a real effort to make sure I understood what I was getting into and that I would enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply?   1 Answer

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied during March and got a call back in early April. First was through phone interview and second round was in person. Got a call 30 minutes right after 2nd round interview and received the internship offer.

Interview Questions

• Logical Questions and some technical questions.   1 Answer

Escrow Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First American (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They went through a 3rd party company. The recruiting agency then contact you for a long phone screening, then they schedule an interview appointment with FA, the details of the interview are below. THe interview was not hard and it wasn't very formal, I was only interviewed by 1 person and the thing they care about the most is if you'd be able to handle extreme workload

Interview Questions

• If I would be able to handle an extremely high amount of work and be able to work over time. How much experience do I have handling over 100 files per month, if I'm comfortable switching between different tasks. How are my phone etiquette and customer service skills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at First American.

Interview

I applied online through the First American website. It took three weeks for me to receive a phone call. The first call was from a recruiter in California. She briefly explained the role, asked me why I was interested in the position, asked why I was looking for a new job (as I was currently employed), and what my desired salary would be. Afterwards, she said they were in the beginning stages of interviewing but everything sounded good so she would pass my information along. The next day, I received a call from a second recruiter out of California. This call was to schedule an in person interview. The interview was scheduled a week out. During the in person interview, I spoke with two separate managers individually. They asked standard interview questions (i.e. What made you apply to this position; Tell me how you would handle a difficult client; What do you like most about your current job; etc.). Each manager asked similar questions... I'm assuming to see if you're consistent in your responses. After the in person interview, I waited about a week and a half to hear back. The original recruiter checked up on me twice by calling and to see if I was still interested (they knew I had one other offer on the table). I finally got the call that I got the job. I was ecstatic! First American is a great company to work for. Good pay and excellent benefits. Then came the background check. It was very intense. You better be honest on your resume and application because they WILL know if you've exaggerated your job title, responsibilities, salary, or length at a position. The do a thorough criminal check and they verify your education. You have to provide supporting docs as well such as pay-stubs, W2's, and 1099's if you were self employed - so don't try to be sneaky. All in all - it was a good experience. The First American representatives I was in contact with were exceptionally professional and kind. The hiring process was long. It took exactly two months from the date I applied to the date I received my offer letter post background check.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First American.

Interview

I was interviewed by multiple people. The interview was supposed to happen with everyone at once but instead two out of the three people came in late, and as if they were just fitting me into their schedules.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to provide an example of what I would do in a situation where I had to present on something I knew nothing about.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on the internet. Received call from HR to schedule onsite interview. Phone interview asks no technical questions, only about brief resume review. Onsite asks some behavioral questions and some tech questions.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was very straightforward and the interviewer asked simple questions, such as those about my resume, why I want the position, etc. It was conducted over the phone and they never got back to me after that.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have in marketing?   2 Answers

Escrow Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American (Maitland, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview. The manager was very transparent about her expectations and I felt comfortable talking to her. She made it more of a conversation than an interview. I was shocked to discuss pay expectations at the first interview, but that is just how up front this was. I appreciate that and I am waiting to have my second interview.

Insurance Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First American (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Hiring process has been extremely simple thus far. Applied online, was contacted by an Acquisition Specialist within 24 hours. For a phone interview. We both showed mutual interest and my information was passed onto the hiring manager who scheduled an interview in person at their beautiful headquarters in Santa Ana. I went in for the interview, and was offered the job in the next day or so. It was a pretty great feeling, being selected to move on for employment with a legendary company with an awesome culture. I am currently going through the background process and once that is all tied up and done I will be starting work with them in the next several weeks. I am excited for the great opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself, please tell me about your resume, what did you do at job1, job2, etc.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First American.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me within 2 days of applying. She told me I was going to meet and interview with the main attorney. Turns out it was a panel interview. 2 attorneys and 2 paralegals. After that they had me interview with 2 other attorneys.