First Data Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Data Account Executive Interview Questions

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at First Data (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. HR called within days and scheduled some face to face interviews within a couple of weeks. I thought the interviews went well, but I wasn't offered the position, however, I was referred to another department for another position. I was also passed over to another HR rep. This process dragged on for MONTHS, to the point where I finally stopped following up with HR.

In the end I had a total of 9 interviews over the span of 4 months. I did a final check-in and the HR person finally said they decided to go with another candidate. A couple of the interviews felt like an interrogation and others like they were just going thru the motions. They also had me take some financial acumen/cognitive tests online which were very cumbersome.

Overall I felt like they wasted a whole lot of my time (and money, it takes money to interview face to face!). The interview process needs a lot of refinement!

Interview Questions

• Tell me exactly how you met your numbers, tell me specific financial numbers you achieved?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for First Data

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really, really simple and easy. The recruiter called me from Linkend. There was a phone interview and one in person interview. The amount of money that you earn is not typical. Base pay is $10 an hour. The training team was great! They really knew how to prepare you to get ready to speak to clients.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Basic interview. Recruiter interview, phone interview, then in person interview with hiring manager. Whole process took about 2 weeks and then received am offer letter. No off the wall questons

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Hiring process is very laid back with basic questions

Interview Questions

• They ask for an example of your selling techniques you would use   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Three interviews.

The first two interviews were very basic. I met with the sales director and we chatted about a variety of things. Interview went very well.

Second interview was a 20 min phone interview with another sales director which went well and was very easy.

Third interview was a little more intense. VP along with the sales director. Some questions about why you chose sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate ; unless you speak another language and then you may get a base salary bump.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Sent resume, applied online, conducted two interviews and a background check.

Interview Questions

• What business to business sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Data (Aurora, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

When entering into office, there was no receptionist, only log-in book with scarce instructions. I arrived 15 minutes early, and wandered if I am at the right place, since the office seemed abandoned. Later on I found out that the rest of people- account executives were in the other part of the office, but it seemed too quiet for a call center atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Role playing of a telephone call with a difficult potential client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Bronx, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Apply online, get a call if they are interested, then interview with Sales Director, Interview with Vice President, then you will recived job offer from HR.
    Travel to Atlanta for tranning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negociation

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Data (San Antonio, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was calm with only one person: a regional manager as the interviewer. The manager asked basic questions and wanted to get to know me as a person and then as a potential employee. After I was offered the job I had to take an online psychological quiz/personality test and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good at this job? Why do you want this job? How would you help our company. Why should we give you a chance since you have very little sales experience? Write up a sales pitch about why you should get the job and submit it to the manager on Monday.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Canton, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

Very detailed and thorough Not too complicated Asked basic questions. Same interview 3 times. Little mundane

Interview Questions

• Describe your worst failure   1 Answer