First Data Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.6

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

My resume was sourced through an agency (Judge Group) representing the client. The position was placed on hold for so long that I completely forgot about it when the agency rep called me again asking that I interview on a Saturday morning. Met with the VP, Talent Acquisition & Recruitment and was informed that there was a Finance/Accounting role I would be considered for. That was 9/24. Afterwards....................radio silence - no feedback.................no response from the agency or anyone else. Past employees and interviewees have informed me that this is the norm for this company. If this is how candidates are treated, do I really want to recruit for this company?????

Case Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up the interview with the department manager. Interviewer was late and kept me waiting for about 30 minutes in the lobby. After the interview I never heard from the representatives again.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. How would you handle various situations.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA).

Interview

internal transfer for one department to a new team that was being created . applied, spoke to new dept manager and VP and transferred dept.was able to transfer without being with the company for 1 yr as initially required

Interview Questions

Negotiation

more money

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I saw the job posting on LinkedIn and applied via FD's career section. I was scheduled to interview in the Atlanta office, but was contacted last minute and told my interviewer was in NY. I interviewed over the phone; it was a very basic interview. Heard back later that evening with an offer. I didn't negotiate salary, but heard other did so successfully.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just walking through interview questions. Particularly interested in results and leadership items   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email for an interview at the Atlanta corporate office location. A 3 round interview was conducted. The first 2 rounds were conversational with entry level employees and a senior level employee. The third round was a traditional "run me through your resume, what are your strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years" interview along with conversation with upper management. Everyone was very nice but I never heard back anything about the next steps in the interview process or an offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter about the software development internship for the summer. To my dismay, since this was my first interview ever, I was expecting an actual interview, but I did pair programming instead. It was a fairly good experience, except the fact that 3 guys were watching me code as I blanked out throughout the whole thing, which kept me nervous. But, an experience is still an experience!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was divided in three parts. The first was a fizzbuzz coding challenge, then behavioral questions, then questions regarding your resume. If you did not pass the first part, you were asked to leave as I saw for others. I honestly did not agree with the interview as I feel that the fizzbuzz test was more to trick you than anything else considering three people sit and watch you in silence. I ended up rejecting the offer as it was extremely low balled, and they've recently relocated to a much smaller office here in Atlanta so that must say something as well.

Interview Questions

• Which language are you most familiar with?   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Thorough interview process , be prepared to know your stuff and have in detail your past sales experience and your sales methods. Process took more than a week to interview but a month and half from application date.Applied early January was not contacted till early February by recruiter. Recruiter interview via phone and then with Sales Director then with VP of sales. Skill assessment with numerical reasoning completed before interview process started.Ride along with current consultant to assess skills done after 3rd phone interview and then few days soft offer was presented via phone by recruiter. If you have extensive sales experience be prepared to go into detail about your experience because First Data's hiring process is no joke. They spend a lot of time finding the right candidate for the job so no detail is spared and questions are extensive so your answer should be the same showcasing your knowledge and skill.

Interview Questions

• What are the ways to overcome objections that will lead to complete a sales success   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, standard base for all new consultants but base is competitive

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was extensive. It was a Group/Panel Interview with three directors. They asked me one after other. As well asked me to explain few network Features top to bottom like QoS, MPLS, Vxlan

Interview Questions

• What QoS rules for any Youtube or Video Broadcasting Website   Answer Question

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume around 27-Oct and received a phone call from a Sr recruiter on 16-Nov. We scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager for 18-Nov. After that had an in person interview with hiring manager and his manager on 2-Dec with follow-up phone interviews on 4-Dec. Awaiting a call back with an offer