First Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Was first contacted by HR to set up phone interview. Had a 30 min phone behavioral interview. After that the next round was a pair programming interview in person. They showed me around the office a bit after the interview and told me about what they were working on.

Interview Questions

• Questions about inheritance and streams. Know how polymorphism works and how to implement it.   1 Answer

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I went to the open house interview and was pleasantly welcomed by the interviewer and some of the other employees. I was taken on a tour of the facility and shown the area I'd be working in if hired.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience? How would my current or previous employer describe me? How do I handle rejection?   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

It was pretty short I meet with one manager. It was a very relaxed one on one interview. I do believe after now working for this manager it was not your typical interview. He is a very laid back kind of person and that's how he conducts his interview. The interviews here tend to depend on the person your talking to and vary greatly on that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Process took less than 1 month from first interview to offer. Three interviews. Phone interview first describing the position and basic questions. Second interview was basic questions and site tour. Third interview was to meet the team. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Easy vibe and no purposefully difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself.
      - How do you feel about working shift work?
      - How important is customer service?   Answer Question

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Data (Coral Springs, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online; received a phone message (home phone and cell) about a week later inviting me to an interview the following week and this was followed by a confirmation email. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. It was conducted by the manager and team leader who were extremely courteous, friendly and more than happy to answer all of my questions. A very pleasant experience; I assume the position was offered to a candidate with qualifications that more closely matched the job description.

Interview Questions

• None. "Tell me about yourself"   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Data (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

First round telephonic, second round face to face. My second interview is about design the bidding application similar to eBay. I provided basic components that will help to build the application. But they need total solution. We don't have time it took an hour. We are just developers not designers or architects. Towards the end I had a rapid fire round of Java questions. Questions are asked in seconds and we need to respond in less than a second. I did not get time to think from one question to another, they will bring you into state of confusion. They will rush you up.
    This is for EFTPS project and it is contract to hire. They will ask you if you are a citizen or green card holder and they will do the in depth background check.

Interview Questions

• All basic core Java questions.Nothing from Webservices or frameworks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Denver, CO).

Interview

Was brought in by recruiter. Had panel interview with Manager and Sr Accountant. When that part of interview went well, met with Finance Director and VP of Finance. Received follow up information from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• As this was an entry level position, no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, company was set on compensation.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Hiring process was straight forward through HR. They set up two interviews for different position on the same day. First interview went ok but not a right match. Second interview went much better. They asked few questions and mostly had me answer random questions that made more sense after I worked there. I was right out of college and did recieve a job offer. They have a great training program for new hires.

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Hagerstown, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

Met with three of four managers for first interview. The interview was the typical interview questions, tell me about a time when.... Second interview with direct manager and director was more of what to be expected within the performance and expectations of the staff accountant role. More relaxed and personal interview than first meeting.

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Data (Melville, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

You would do 3 interviews with managers back to back, some of them may not be your manager if you are hired. There was also an online skills test to check your excel skills

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the next 5 years?   1 Answer