First Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

First Data Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Data in December 2017.

Interview

Received generic email to attend a job fair conducted by the company after applying for the role. The job fair was very well structured and the staff worked cohesively together to make the process run as smooth and efficient as possible. The staff was very kind and professional.

First asked questions by an HR representatives who then decided which of the hiring managers would conduct final interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data (Coral Springs, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I went to the interview in Coral Springs. It lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were just like every other interview. No denial or offer from First Data when they stated they desparately seeking people to fill positions.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was horrible. I have never experienced such a horrible/terrible interview in my life. The HR individual was super rude and did not want to listen to me over the phone and actually said she does not care if this and that.... Really? what kind of an HR are you to say such things and do not even try to be a professional? You guys are a joke, she just kept interrupting me and not listening at all. Dear First Data, if you do not want to employ people, just tell them that and do not engage in those shady practices. I am still in shock right now, as this has never happened to me before. The HR was trying to treat me like crap and I guess her purpose was to eliminate me from the candidates list and have her own person in. Well, it is all yours and I think I do not want to work for such a company with horrible horrible HR personnel. No thanks!

Anonymous Management Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Data (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was screened by an HR person from Omaha then interviewed by the outgoing manager by phone and Skype. I then met the global hiring manager in New York right before the Chistmas holidays. She gave me the impression the interview went well, telling me among many things, "You have an impressive background" and "I think i'd like to have you come back in January and meet some of our other executives and maybe the CEO if he's available...I think you have a lot of great things to offer". She gave me her card and said to call or email her with any questions. She had me meet another director who was also very glowing about my credentials. I sent thank you emails and received nice replies.

I then spent the next few weeks, thru the holidays and vacation, preparing for the anticipated meetings. During the last week of the year I called the HR person who offered no answers as to what dates might be available. I waited some more. I then emailed the hiring manager directly to see if there were possible dates for next steps. I could see that she read it.

Three days later I got the canned "thank you but we're moving forward with other candidates" email from the HR person. It was a punch in the gut from nowhere with no explanation. They looked me in the eye, said I would be moving on, and then they gave me an electronic middle finger, weeks later.

They bill themselves as "the Fortune 500 company that no one has heard of". Gee, I can't imagine why. An experience and a company I'll look to forget!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What lessons did you learn from last experience?
      What kind of projects did you launch?
      What is your idea of best practices from a department point of view?
      What did you have to do to convince your company to execute a project?   Answer Question
    • How much time passed between interviews?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Was first contacted by HR to set up phone interview. Had a 30 min phone behavioral interview. After that the next round was a pair programming interview in person. They showed me around the office a bit after the interview and told me about what they were working on.

Interview Questions

• Questions about inheritance and streams. Know how polymorphism works and how to implement it.   1 Answer

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in August 2017.

Interview

There was online technical interview. It was timed for 2.5 hrs. There were many questions and answer choices. There were around 5 problem solving using writing java program. Questions involved rest api calls, there were three logical problem solving. There was one UML diagrams to draw given a problem.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Applied for one position, brought into a panel to interview for two different positions. Was not interested in the other position, but had to continue with the interview. Typical interview questions. Lasted 1.5 hours.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bergen, NJ

Interview

I applied online, a recruiter called me, and I had a 1 hour phone interview... then he called me again for another 1 hour. Then I went to the onsite interview and I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a scenario when you go for the interview, you are ready to give ALOT of examples.   1 Answer

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Fill out online application then you are contacted by inhouse recruiters from around the US. Then information is forwarded to local hr agent to set telephone and face to face interview.

Senior Middleware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in June 2017.

Interview

Just did the phone screen and ruled them out as an option due to low salary and expectation they have someone would relocate at their own expense. They are very anti-telecommuting per the screener and moving to Nebraska is probably not high on anyone's wish list. They may be looking for H1B candidates and just going through the motions to discourage everyone else.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate at your own expense   1 Answer