First Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2018

2.6

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at First Data (New York, NY).

Interview

I normally don't write reviews about interview processes. But this was probably the worst experience I've ever had. I did 5 interviews and 1 test. Aced them all (at least that's what my interviewers said), things seemed to be going well. They were very transparent in the beginning, then after my final interview/test nothing. I didn't hear anything back for a couple weeks. I was never made clear what job I was actually interviewing for until the end. Apparently I had interviewed for a MAAP position and an internship, but no told me that until much later. After I heard back 3 weeks later, I was told everything was sorted out, and theyd come back with an offer. Another month passed, I attempted to contact First Data, but never heard back. Finally I sent a message to my original POC. I was told I didn't get either position. I've been denied for countless jobs, so a non offer didn't really bother me. What was bad was how they treated my time. No follow ups. 4 months of interviews. 5 interviews, plus a skills test. This organization needs to work on following up on candidates, and stop wasting their time. I do not recommend. I feel like an idiot for even entertaining these people.

Interview Questions

• Describe what Java means to you?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back in a week from their recruiter. You do have to wait for your interviewer at the security desk. They like veterans and spouses of veterans. They are looking for hard workers and people that can be on time for work.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was very informal and disorganized. I was originally scheduled to interview with a Sr. VP but they had an emergency so I had a last minute interview with a director. It was more of a conversation than anything. I am almost positive that the strength of my resume got me the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional interest?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Data in December 2017.

Interview

Received generic email to attend a job fair conducted by the company after applying for the role. The job fair was very well structured and the staff worked cohesively together to make the process run as smooth and efficient as possible. The staff was very kind and professional.

First asked questions by an HR representatives who then decided which of the hiring managers would conduct final interview.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was horrible. I have never experienced such a horrible/terrible interview in my life. The HR individual was super rude and did not want to listen to me over the phone and actually said she does not care if this and that.... Really? what kind of an HR are you to say such things and do not even try to be a professional? You guys are a joke, she just kept interrupting me and not listening at all. Dear First Data, if you do not want to employ people, just tell them that and do not engage in those shady practices. I am still in shock right now, as this has never happened to me before. The HR was trying to treat me like crap and I guess her purpose was to eliminate me from the candidates list and have her own person in. Well, it is all yours and I think I do not want to work for such a company with horrible horrible HR personnel. No thanks!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data (Coral Springs, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I went to the interview in Coral Springs. It lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were just like every other interview. No denial or offer from First Data when they stated they desparately seeking people to fill positions.

Anonymous Management Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Data (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was screened by an HR person from Omaha then interviewed by the outgoing manager by phone and Skype. I then met the global hiring manager in New York right before the Chistmas holidays. She gave me the impression the interview went well, telling me among many things, "You have an impressive background" and "I think i'd like to have you come back in January and meet some of our other executives and maybe the CEO if he's available...I think you have a lot of great things to offer". She gave me her card and said to call or email her with any questions. She had me meet another director who was also very glowing about my credentials. I sent thank you emails and received nice replies.

I then spent the next few weeks, thru the holidays and vacation, preparing for the anticipated meetings. During the last week of the year I called the HR person who offered no answers as to what dates might be available. I waited some more. I then emailed the hiring manager directly to see if there were possible dates for next steps. I could see that she read it.

Three days later I got the canned "thank you but we're moving forward with other candidates" email from the HR person. It was a punch in the gut from nowhere with no explanation. They looked me in the eye, said I would be moving on, and then they gave me an electronic middle finger, weeks later.

They bill themselves as "the Fortune 500 company that no one has heard of". Gee, I can't imagine why. An experience and a company I'll look to forget!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What lessons did you learn from last experience?
      What kind of projects did you launch?
      What is your idea of best practices from a department point of view?
      What did you have to do to convince your company to execute a project?   Answer Question
    • How much time passed between interviews?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Was first contacted by HR to set up phone interview. Had a 30 min phone behavioral interview. After that the next round was a pair programming interview in person. They showed me around the office a bit after the interview and told me about what they were working on.

Interview Questions

• Questions about inheritance and streams. Know how polymorphism works and how to implement it.   1 Answer

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in August 2017.

Interview

There was online technical interview. It was timed for 2.5 hrs. There were many questions and answer choices. There were around 5 problem solving using writing java program. Questions involved rest api calls, there were three logical problem solving. There was one UML diagrams to draw given a problem.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Applied for one position, brought into a panel to interview for two different positions. Was not interested in the other position, but had to continue with the interview. Typical interview questions. Lasted 1.5 hours.