First Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Data Interview Questions

Interviews at First Data

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone calls with a recruiter and sales director and then received an offer within a week of the initial application. I was contacted the next day for interview.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorpark, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Data (Moorpark, CA).

Interview

In person interview, met individually with two directors and a vice president. There was a written skill test at the time but it has since been discontinued. Questions can be anything.

Interview Questions

• Questions vary by interviewer, there is no standard format.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Statesboro, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

2 phone screen interviews within a week. First one was with hiring manager. 2nd one was with 2 managers of the department. Phone screen was very laid back, not too many technical questions. Offer came a few days later.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Data (Providence, RI) in April 2019.

Interview

Short Interview.
    No time for self-introduction and just hit the questions as soon as the interview began.
    Not a really good experience, the interviewer didn't like to give clues when I got stuck.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

1) Complete online application; 2) Complete customer service test online; 3) Phone interview (personality, & basic technical competence); 4) On-site group & one-on-one interviews (same day)

Questions were focused on customer service & troubleshooting protocol. The process is very systematic.

Interview Questions

• You go home and find your personal computer doesn't turn on. What steps would you take to troubleshoot this problem?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

The first round was a behavioral phone call with the recruiter. It was 30 minutes talking about my previous experience. I had limited work experience because I was a student, so we talked about related project's I'd worked on. Then I had another behavioral phone call with the recruiting manager. Same idea as before, but I got more information about what I'd be doing if I got hired.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Interview

Got a bad vibe from the culture from the first follow up recruitment email sent. Turned off immediately.

A simple title of “still interested in first data” with a body of “let me know if you want to talk”.

Why wouldn’t I be interested, I applied and took the LONG assessment. It’s not like they were following up with me a hundred times, I was waiting on them.

Anyway, the my assumption is that the whole process and company is unprofessional and doesn’t value employees

Interview Questions

• None. Didn’t even want to interview after seeing the welcome email.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

One interview with boss over the phone. Not terribly strenuous or lengthy my boss seemed actually even remotely invested in what I thought so kudos to him and the company I suppose.

Outside Sales Business Consultant Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Nope, never again with this company, interviewer was very rude for one, didn’t look like he liked his job. I had a couple of questions and didn’t seem very knowledgeable on what he was saying. He told me straight up he didn’t know. Asked him another question and very rudely said did I answer your question and answered the question for me at that assuming that he did. As he hung up didn’t bother to say goodbye. Not very professional, looked like he just got out of bed. I wouldn’t t bother applying. Bad experience in all. Data first please make sure to retrain you staff.just FYI. Not to pleased on how the interviewer treated me. Thank you, Next!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience that went bad and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in December 2018.

Interview

Several phone calls, one Skype interview, one in-person interview. It wasn't that hard of a process, but it took almost 2 months between first interview and offer. However, I got to talk to a lot of different people which I liked.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience apply to this role / how would it help you succeed   Answer Question