First Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in August 2017.

Interview

There was online technical interview. It was timed for 2.5 hrs. There were many questions and answer choices. There were around 5 problem solving using writing java program. Questions involved rest api calls, there were three logical problem solving. There was one UML diagrams to draw given a problem.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Applied for one position, brought into a panel to interview for two different positions. Was not interested in the other position, but had to continue with the interview. Typical interview questions. Lasted 1.5 hours.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bergen, NJ

Interview

I applied online, a recruiter called me, and I had a 1 hour phone interview... then he called me again for another 1 hour. Then I went to the onsite interview and I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a scenario when you go for the interview, you are ready to give ALOT of examples.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data in May 2017.

Interview

It was a very long process , first someone from HR reaches out and talks about your interests, backgrounds and tries to see if you match what the company is looking for. The second interview is with a few people from the team you would be working with, they ask questions related to your experience and team work. Third interview is with the direct manager of the program and asks more behavioral questions and your interests for the future. Last, the interview is with the general manager of the program and asks about which areas are of more interest for you

Interview Questions

• Background, career goals
      Why are you good for this position?
      Why are you interested in First Data?
      What do you know about the position?
      What would team members and supervisors say about you?
      How have you dealt with a difficult team member in the past?
      What is your greatest weakness and strength?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Data in April 2017.

Interview

It was a very long process and pretty disorganized. Took about 2-3 months in total. Like others said, they definitely pull a bait and switch. They interview for one job but then when they finally call back they say there's been a "change in needs" and then redirect you to another job availability within the company.

Interview Questions

• What are some programming applications you have used.?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process is as big a mess as is the entire company. After an extensive delay of 45 days after i first applied, i was called for a phone interview, which needed to be scheduled "as soon as possible" as they "needed to move quickly". Interview scheduled for next day, i was told to leave 2 days open next week for 3-4 hour in-person interview and i would be contacted for schedule. NEVER heard back from them, after checking my online application, saw the position was on "budget hold"

Customer Service Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at First Data (Hagerstown, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied via their online site and was called the next day. I was told they would be holding a group interview that would break-off into 2 more 1 on 1 interviews. The recruiter told me the process would take about 3 hours. I went to the group interview and they gave us a tour around the bottom floor of the facility describing the various departments. After the tour, we were shown a short film. The assistant recruited praised the company vigorously and praised the head HR lady a little too much if you ask me. He then proceeded to tell us how there were absolutely, positively, no politics in their facility and people were scored based on their job performances based on across the board metrics. He told us that we would be asked to work in non-departmental related positions from time to time and would not be given money for the extra work. He informed us that we would get resume bullets for our reviews. After his "presentation", they paired us into groups of 4 and were given Lego blocks in a bin to make a replica of a company device they showed us. When all the groups were done, we were told the company had decided that red and green Lego blocks bothered the clients and to change the designs accordingly. We did so as a group then one person was selected from each group to give a short presentation of the Lego device. After that, we were paired up with HR Department personnel. The questions asked were concerning how I would act in certain situations with their clients. I was emailed after the interview and told they were not making me an offer but, "We are still very interested in bringing you on board. We are currently waiting on leadership to approve the class start date for the Call Center." I get an email weekly from them telling me about various HR policies for the company, how much they are interested in me, and clarify no offer has been made. Every time they get to the deadline they've set for themselves, they extend it by a month. This has happened twice. Going on three months waiting. If they string their potential new hires along this much and can't commit to dates they set, I can only imagine what it's going to be like working for them, if they commit.

Interview Questions

• If a customer called and demanded a refunded for an over-charge and they owed First Data money, how would you respond.   Answer Question

Product Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed 5 times.
    1. Phone screening with the Recruiter
    2. Phone interview with the Hiring Manager
    3. In person interview with 2 team members and 1 team member on the phone. The Hiring Manager was out sick and couldn't meet in person.
    4. In person interview with the Hiring Manager. The Manager wanted me to interview with an out of town team member who was in the office but she had to leave to catch a flight. It looked like interviewing me was not on the agenda for the day.
    5. Phone interview with the out of town Team Member I hadn't interviewed with previously.
    A week later I contacted the Recruiter who told me the Hiring Manager had been out sick again and he would follow up with her and get back to me. It has now been 6 weeks. Also the initial recruiter left the company after my 3rd interview. No one let me know, I found out myself after I emailed her and received a <Failed to Reach Sender> email. I then emailed the Hiring Manager who confirmed the recruiter's departure and put me in contact with the last recruiter. This has been by far the worst interviewing process I have ever witnessed.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember because most of the time everyone I spoke with was describing what the job was like and what they were working on. I was not asked situational type questions.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Data (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

A First Data recruiter called and asked if I could come in the Tuesday before Christmas to interview with PM team, then requested a change to the Thursday before Christmas . On Wednesday, having never gotten specifics on the location the I reached out on only to be told the interview was canceled. This was some of the worst company behavior I have seen.

Interview Questions

• Can you cancel holiday plans and come for an interview the Thursday before Christmas.   1 Answer

Contact Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviews are set up through a recruiter who may prescreen you before hand. There may be two interviews scheduled if they like what they heard from the first one.