First Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.6

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Data (Waco, TX).

Interview

I was recruited through e-mail to apply for a business consultant position. The process took about two weeks and included an online personality assessment and a phone interview. The interview questions were average and the online assessment took about an hour or two. They give you a week or so to take the online assessment, but I would suggest taking it as soon as possible if you are interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome objections while attempting to make a sale?   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you over someone else?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Arlington, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

First Call with recruiter then you are passed on if that goes well (which it should unless you're brain dead) next is a meeting with Sales Director, this is a little more in depth than the first interview, not much skills questions, it's more of just a review of your background and questions about what you bring to the company. the 3rd interview is with the VP of sales, this is a much deeper dive into your background and discussions about any lag between jobs, this interview will also test your knowledge of the industry and skills for the position, you will get some role play.. I assume they are trying to figure out if you are really able to do the job on day one and if you have the right skills and mindset. I was not sure if the 2nd or 3rd interview went well after I was done, ( but a deal is not a deal to me until the ink is dry) I would recommend doing research on the company and the requirement of the role because you will be asked about it. if you have experience in that position be ready do mock presentation if that goes well you will be made an offer shortly there is a drug test 48 hours after accepting offer if you receive one. process took 3 weeks but only 1 week from first interview to offer.

Interview Questions

• why should I hire you over someone else   1 Answer
    • If i was a business and you walked in, what would you say?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I saw the job posting on LinkedIn and applied via FD's career section. I was scheduled to interview in the Atlanta office, but was contacted last minute and told my interviewer was in NY. I interviewed over the phone; it was a very basic interview. Heard back later that evening with an offer. I didn't negotiate salary, but heard other did so successfully.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just walking through interview questions. Particularly interested in results and leadership items   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Zipsort Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

They were selling me a different position. The whole interview was them convincing me that a different position and a different shift was better than what I had originally applied for. It really wasn't your typical job interview. They asked me about my previous employers. They asked why I chose to apply to this company. They asked how much I was making at my previous job. They asked about my flexibility with work schedules. It was a laid back very informal interview. You have three different interviews back to back and then they will make you an offer. Unless you have a really bad record, you are guaranteed to get this job.

Interview Questions

• Are you dependable, can you work in a team environment, attention to detail ...etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay.

Operations Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

Normal Panel interview, but pretty laid-back process.. They asked a lot of questions to get a good understanding of what you know. There were multiple managers for different groups interviewing. So, In reality, I was interviewing for 3 positions and the Managers would decide among themselves which department I should work in. Overall it was a friendly, yet informative interview. I would recommend First Data to others.

Team Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Manager's were in disagreement about where to place me. Ridiculous. The management did not get along with each other, which showed after I started. Also, waited over 2 hours as they were running behind. Never came out to advise or get me ,,,,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Made an offer, rejected, I came back with a higher $ , she accepted.

Interview

Relatively normal process. Apply on line, and if they are interested they will send you a link for an assessment to complete within 5 days online. Then get called in to speak with a recruiter. I Applied For Multiple Positions. They Had A Hiring Event Which Was Very Well Put Together. I Was Very Disappointed To Learn That No Matter How Much Experiance You Have, In My Case 19 Years, They Only Offer A Wage Of $12.00 Per Hour. When I Voiced My Concerns They Were Very Proud To Say, That Because I Had So Much Experiance, They Were Happy To Jump My Offer To $12.50 Per Hour.

Below average salary. It's very hard to justify knowing that your bringing many years of experience and knowledge along with a strong work ethic, working next to a young high school dropout with no experience at all and still living at home with mom & dad making the same low salary of $12.00 per hour. If they don't see or appreciate a hard worker in the beginning, it's doubtful it's going to change much a year or two in. It felt like a slap in the face.

Strategic Sourcing Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email for an interview at the Atlanta corporate office location. A 3 round interview was conducted. The first 2 rounds were conversational with entry level employees and a senior level employee. The third round was a traditional "run me through your resume, what are your strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years" interview along with conversation with upper management. Everyone was very nice but I never heard back anything about the next steps in the interview process or an offer.

Senior Settlement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Hagerstown, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I was recruited at a university job fair. Pretty easy process overall. The interview was with three managers, but it wasn't so intimidating once the interview actually started. They based the questions off of my resume and set of skills. It wasn't just standard run of the mill questions. About half of the interview was them describing the job and what I would actually be doing, while the other half was me answering their questions. They seemed to value entrepreneurship and forward thinking, also working together as a team and meeting deadlines efficiently.

Interview Questions

• In your last position, were you able to implement any changes or new policies to improve the workplace?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter about the software development internship for the summer. To my dismay, since this was my first interview ever, I was expecting an actual interview, but I did pair programming instead. It was a fairly good experience, except the fact that 3 guys were watching me code as I blanked out throughout the whole thing, which kept me nervous. But, an experience is still an experience!