First Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.6

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was super fast, I did the first and second interviews on the same day. I would have liked a tour after the second interview to better visualize the process prior to receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been on corrective action for attendance?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

The process was awful. Communication was non-existent. My emails asking for status were frequently ignored. Then, I was told they may go with an internal candidate. Shouldn't you look internally before going outside and wasting people's time? The job description was misleading. This was a Director role that had no reports and lots of grunt work. Salary range was about 25℅ below the national average, and 401K matching is not offered. Get with the times, First Data. You aren't going to attract and keep good candidates like this. Although I wasn't offered the job, I think it was a blessing in disguise. After being ignored by HR for so long, I asked myself - do I really want to work for this company, who offers below average compensation, no 401K match, and treats their candidates like garbage?

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical. I will say I perceived some of the interviewers as arrogant. It seemed like they didn't care to get to know to me. Their questions were all about them, and I felt like my qualifications were frequently challenged.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Data in September 2016.

Interview

The initial interview process was positive. A phone interview was conducted prior to an in person interview. However. the position is advertised on Ziprecruiter as having a 30,000 yearly based but the position is an $10 hourly postion. Bait and switch is done with the explanation that candidates are not being considered for the advertised position.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions about background and employment history   Answer Question

$10 an hour base salary coupled by the fact that candidates have to remain in the position an entire year.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Hagerstown, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Very to the point. Explained the process and asked great questions. Also asked questions about what I expected from the job. Also asked my experience in managing people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry client   1 Answer

Middle Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at First Data (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Was invited to a session to show me round the place that would last 3 hours, this transpired to be an interview lasting 1hr10min. Staff were miserable, maybe serious morale issues, distracted by their cell phones, nothing good to say about FirstData. Very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Actually they just asked two questions then said it was over to me to ask them questions.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard, an initial phone interview followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager and their manager. There was also a computer based skills test as part of the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience level with SQL and Microsoft Excel?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

I got referred in from a current employee which made the interview process much easier as I was waived from the first round interviews because I was an employee referral.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at First Data (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. HR called within days and scheduled some face to face interviews within a couple of weeks. I thought the interviews went well, but I wasn't offered the position, however, I was referred to another department for another position. I was also passed over to another HR rep. This process dragged on for MONTHS, to the point where I finally stopped following up with HR.

In the end I had a total of 9 interviews over the span of 4 months. I did a final check-in and the HR person finally said they decided to go with another candidate. A couple of the interviews felt like an interrogation and others like they were just going thru the motions. They also had me take some financial acumen/cognitive tests online which were very cumbersome.

Overall I felt like they wasted a whole lot of my time (and money, it takes money to interview face to face!). The interview process needs a lot of refinement!

Interview Questions

• Tell me exactly how you met your numbers, tell me specific financial numbers you achieved?   Answer Question

Case Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up the interview with the department manager. Interviewer was late and kept me waiting for about 30 minutes in the lobby. After the interview I never heard from the representatives again.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. How would you handle various situations.   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

Fantastic interview questions, both managers were engaging, both made it clear that that this was a tough job and wanted to know exactly how driven I was and how committed to excellence I am.

Interview Questions

• They surprised me with an opposite approach and allowed me to ask questions about the company and position first and kept the conversation open and flowing and then threw me a curve ball by asking me "What question did you expect to hear today?" I said "I expected to hear what my weakest trait would be." they then asked "What is your weakest trait."   1 Answer